Vote

We should be able to vote! It is our freedom. If you don't want to vote, don't complain if you get somebody you don't enjoy. We have been fighting for voting rights for centuries, but if we force people to vote, then that abuses the freedom of this country. We should decide if we want to vote or not, we have the right!

            Freedom is the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants to without hindrance or restraint. Freedom stands for something greater than just the right to act however 'I choose'—it also stands for securing to everyone an equal opportunity for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. To most reasonable people, freedom means more than just being free to do whatever one wants, it includes other's freedom.

            Sometimes the options for voting are too vague for you to make a decision. Many people don't want to vote because they don't like the options, they don't care for either. The pressure of having to only choose one is hard. You could agree with different points of view, or just like parts of it. However, when you decide not to vote and you end up not liking the elected candidate, it's your responsibility to own your actions and not blame others. You didn't want to vote at that time, that was your decision.

          Women and black people had to fight for their right to vote, to speak, and have the right to live! For example, women have been fighting for the right pay and equal rights in the working place. Black people fought to be free from slavery. They still fight today to be truly heard. There has been some progress but we're still fighting for women and black rights. Everyone now has the right to vote, but if we force it upon people to vote, then that would take away our freedom and all the work that the past generations have done to give us choices.

                As you can see, voting should not be a requirement. However, by choosing not to vote, you are giving up your right to choose. Not everything is solved in this world, but thanks to our ancestors some changes have been made to move towards freedom and earned us the privilege to vote. It is our duty to learn what to do with it, for our own benefit and the benefit of all.