Package

"Are you okay, dear," John's mother asked.

"I'm fine," he grumbled.

"Are you sure," she insisted.

He grumbled again but she couldn't quite make it out so she decided to just leave it be and left the room.

John sighed.

"Why is everything so...?" He sighed again before even asking his own question.

He stared ahead at the wall, leaning on his knees with his elbows.

He sighed once more and heard a swipe and a knock to the right of his head. He turned his head, not even really caring what was about to happen.

When he looked at what made the sound, he stared at his window, finding on the other side of the screen, Sarah, his best friend.

He immediately shifted his mood, standing up to unscrew the window and pulling it up.

She climbed through it and sat on the ledge.

"You're in a mood," she said, smiling at him.

"Ugh, don't remind me,"

She rolled her eyes, "men," she whispered, jumping down into his room fully.

"What were you even doing,"

"What do you mean," he asked.

"I was watching you from the window for about five minutes, waiting for you to finally move,"

"You're exaggerating,"

"I wish," she answered, "actually, I'm quite happy you did so," she began to chuckle.

John was confused.

"What?" He began to worry about what Sarah was talking about, she's always been a sneaky one.

She started to laugh more, pulling out her phone.

John sighed, relieved, realizing that she's probably laughing about some video she saw.

John looked away, back to the wall, hearing Sarah laugh in the background.

"Look at this keeper," Sarah said, showing John her phone.

He looks down, squinting at the screen.

Confused, he made a face

"What, never seen a phone before," she laughed some more.

He rolled his eyes and continued to squint down at the phone.

"What is that?" this caused Sarah to laugh even more, making her rock the phone. He ignored her, "Why does it look so familiar," he wondered.

"Oh my gosh, have you never seen yourself before?" her laugh roared through the room and John widened his eyes.

"How many people have seen this," he questioned, getting worried.

"Relax, I haven't posted it." John began to relax at this answer,"Yet," she added.

"What?" he turned his face towards hers.

"Click, and that and here and post," she chirped, looking back at him.

"What the heck is wrong with you?!" he grabbed the phone out of her hand. "How do you delete this?" he quickly taped random buttons. Sarah just watches him getting flustered and annoyed at the tiny little screen and she chuckles.

She rolls her eyes, "You really have never seen a phone before," she exaggerates the word phone and grabs the phone out of his hands.

"Delete it please,"

"Okay, don't worry, I was only playing with you." she chuckles and looks back down at the phone.

Her eyes widened.

"Oh my goodness, this has gotten already 1,000 views, you must have done something as you were clicking the buttons," she says,"thanks." she smiles staring at the phone.

"Oh, no." he looks around his room and leaves it, running out the room.

Sarah looks back up and rolls her eyes, "men." she looks back at her phone, "so dramatic,"

John runs down the stairs, jumping over objects to get to his destination and then finally reaching the front door. He sighs as he opens the door, relieved to find nobody there. He looks up and down and to both sides to see if he was just imagining the fact that nobody was coming after him.

He sighed and closed the door, leaning against it.

Maybe nobody was out to kill him after all, and maybe there was no worry to the fact that he was different from the rest of human civilization. Why would anybody notice he was different from that little video her friend posted, right?

The sound of some sort of 'plop' is heard from outside. John's calm state was no more and he quickly opened the door, looking side to side then up...then down...

"Oh, no,"

He closed the door again, hoping what he saw, wasn't there.

He breathed in and out.

John opened the door again and picked up the brown package on the porch. Immediately, he knew something wasn't right!

He sighed again, not realizing that that was going to be the last sigh of his lifetime.