7 - Grief

After the night you talked to Namjoon you decided it would be best to avoid him. Which wasn't difficult as he spent most of his time in his cabin. But the only person you were able to talk to was Hoseok but he was busy most of the time. After you finished your chores each day you would spend your time by the railing of the ship waiting for Yoongi to return or for Jimin's reply. Of course, there was no sign of either of them but you didn't want to give up hope.

It had been a week since Yoongi left, and during that week Hoseok decided that it would be a good idea to teach you self-defense just in case. He didn't explain why exactly, he only mentioned having a feeling that something might happen. You thought it was strange that he offered the lessons after Yoongi left but shrugged it off as a coincidence. Plus, it's not like much could go wrong if you did learn self-defense.

Every evening Hoseok would teach you different self-defense methods in his cabin for hand-to-hand combat. And after every learning session, you would pass out in bed immediately because you were so exhausted. Compared to how much you did in the castle, the self-defense lessons on top of daily chores were extremely tiring. Every day your muscles were sore and every day the lessons would become more intense.

The lessons also took up all of your free time so you weren't able to check if Yoongi had returned or if Jimin finally responded. And even when you did have free time after lessons you didn't have enough energy to go check.

You were waiting for Hoseok in his cabin to continue your lessons but instead of Hoseok, Jungkook walked in.

"What are you doing here? Are you finally going to apologize for the other night?" You asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Hoseok's busy," He replied simply.

"That doesn't really answer my questions,"

"Hoseok's busy so he wanted me to step in for him,"

"Why would you want to help me? I thought you didn't like me? Also, you haven't answered my other question either."

"I may not like you but it's not like I find you repulsive, besides I owe Hoseok," He stated. You rolled your eyes, annoyed that he still decided to not apologize.

"Owe him for what?" You asked, choosing not to push him anymore.

"It's none of your business,"

"Right, good old 'I'm so mysterious and cool' Jungkook,"

"What?"

"You pretend to be cold, and secretive, but you're so easy to read."

"How so? You don't know anything about me."

"Well, you have an older brother and your relationship with him isn't great, I guess that it has something to do with you being envious of him. I think that you're probably envious of his ability to use magic."

"Well guess, what you're wrong, so I guess I'm not so easy to read as you thought."

"Whatever you say."

"Moving on, we're going to my cabin so that you can learn how to use a sword in combat."

"Why not here?"

"There's more space in my cabin so it's easier to learn there."

"I see."

"Come on then," He led you out of Hoseok's cabin and towards his own.

That evening you saw Jungkook's cabin for the first time. Like Namjoon's cabin, it was messy, but a disorganized mess. You could tell that the things in Namjoon's room were purposefully placed where they were meant to be. Jungkook's bed was unmade, the sheets were all balled up on top of the bed as if he attempted to clean up for when you were to visit but didn't feel like making his bed. His desk had many notebooks piled up on top of each other, as well as loose pieces of paper that were crumpled up. The only neatly kept thing in his room was a weapon rack where multiple swords and other weapons were hung.o bows and arrows.