Chapter 25

I made a slight change in the past chapters. It's just the kids ages. Not that big of a deal but just wanted to give you all a heads up. Logan (Louis/Meg's) is 8, Eva (L&M's) is 6, Dakota (Liam/Dani's) is 9, Shane (Zayn/Perrie's) is 8, Alexander (Z&P's) is 5, Maria (Z&P'S) is still 2.

KK. Read on! WARNING. It's a tear jerker and well . . . you'll see. ;)

 ************************************** 

Chapter 25

Meg's POV

Weird phobias must've ran in the Payne family because now, I was officially afraid of my phone.

I'd gotten a call from Liam and I immediately picked it up.

"Liam?" I asked.

"Meg? What did you need?" He asked.

"But, you called me . . . ?" I furrowed my brows together, honestly confused. Was my phone like glitching or something?

"Meg, no jokes right now."

"I'm not joking, Liam, I -"

"Liam?" That was Louis. How in the world . . .

"Louis?" Liam and I both asked together, our voices merging together, filled with confusion.

"What?"

"Wait, Liam, did you call Louis?" I asked him.

"No, did you?"

"No. I didn't even call you guys."

"Yes, you did." The boys chided, in a 'I told you so' like tone, making them sound childish.

"Wait, but -"

"M-Meg?" I heard a voice choke out. My eyes widened as I gripped the arm rest of the chair I was sitting in. That was my baby sister's.

What. Happened.

She said she was going out with Alice. Had she lied right in my face?

"Ella?" I said, slowly. "Ellie, where are you? You okay?"

I waited for her to respond, say something, but I had heard a voice that definitely wasn't my sister. It was gruff and definitely an older man's. 

"Hello, sweetheart." I heard a chilling voice call out to me through the phone, making my body frozen with fear. My blood turned cold and probably blue now. My face paled as I hitched in a sharp breath. I wish I was dreaming but no. This was a nightmare.

"Y-You!" I screamed, but not too loud. My kids were up in their rooms. They'd hear me and get scared. More lies I'd have to feed to them.

More importantly, this voice. I'd heard it so many times over the phone. I shut my eyes and tried to remember who it was. Think, Meg, think!

"You don't remember me, sweetheart?" He said again, almost mocking me. I clenched my fists. If anything I hated being put down. After being knocked down and being hurt so many times as a kid, it's only an instinct to get back up and stand your ground.

I opened my eyes and released the breath I was holding in for so long. A small tear trickled down my face as Louis and Liam called my name and Ellie's. Not even Liam's deep voice could calm me down.

"R-Roy," I choked out with a sob. "It's you." I slowly went into the garage, shutting the door behind me so I could yell all I wanted to at this man. "Why do you have, Ellie?!" I screamed, a new strength coming over me.

"Little Ella? Why, she's your Achilles hee,l isn't she?" I could hear the smirk in his voice. I hated how he was right. Ellie, my baby sister, was my Achilles heel. "We're going to play a little game, Megan. Mostly you and me, but Liam and Louis also."