Chapter 12

Chapter 12

 Liam’s POV

 I walked out of the kitchen, Danielle holding my hand as we walked out the back door to see the Tomlinson’s wide, open backyard. The party was in full swing. Zayn was firing up on the gril, the smell of charcoal and cooked meat lingering around. All our kids were playing by the pool together or throwing water balloons and water guns at each other. A beach ball flew at me so I caught it and tossed it back to Josh, who was playing around with Andy.

 I went to go get a drink for Dani and I, until I heard a blood-curdling scream from my oldest sister. It sent horrible chills down my spine. Everything and everyone slowed down. Heads turned in fear and wonder of what happened. I whipped my head around frantically, trying to find out what was going on. Danielle screamed for Meg as I finally figured out what was happening. 

 I pushed through and rushed over to the scene where Nicola was screaming only to see Ellie on the floor, face flat down on the concrete. Logan was lying down next to her, blood trickling down each sides of their foreheads. “Dang it. Ella! Ella?!” I yelled, trying to get her off the ground. I lifted her up but she only fell right back down. Her body was cold, which scared the life out of me. She was as white as a cloud. “Louis!” I screamed, then looked up to whoever was sitting at the table. They had to know something. “What happened?!” I demanded to know. 

 Meg ran over breathless. “What’s going...?” Her eyes grew huge once she saw her little sister and son lying there, face down and possibly not breathing. “No. No, no, no, no!” She screamed. “Someone call a ambulance! Something! PLEASE!” 

 I turned to the kid who looked around Ella’s age. His dark black hair was barely over his eyes and a bit messed up. I grabbed him by the shirt collar, pushing him up against the brick wall behind him. Now, it was personal. I didn’t even care about the small groan he let out. “What. Happened.”

 There was fear in his eyes, a tinge of sadness almost. It was like he was sorry. I loosed my grip a bit but looked right into his eyes, desperate for an answer.

 “S-S-She just drank that stuff and g-gave some to the kid and just fell over.” He said, voice shaking. Louis had run over, bringing his mum with him since she was a nurse. He took a spoon and fished around in the cup. He lifted it up and we could see a small, clear lump. Louis looked up at me, Meg, then the boy. 

 “This is poison.” Louis turned back to the boy. “Where did you get this?”

 “Who said it was me?” He defended himself. I looked over at Meg who had her fists balled. Blood rushed to her face and she looked fuming.. I knew if she got started, I’d probably have to drag her out of there. 

 “You little lia-” 

 “Megan Diana Payne.” I interrupted her before she said another word. Her eyes lingered on Luke, a glare sent his way. She loosened up a bit and looked at me. I grabbed her arm, and whispered in her ear. “Car now. Talk later.” I mumbled and she merely nodded. I quickly grabbed Ellie in my arms and carried her limp body out to the car. Meg gathered Logan in her arms and we jumped into the car. Louis said he’d stay behind and keep an eye on the boy, which I was thankful for. 

 Meg was staring out the window, foot tapping impatiently. “Could you go any faster?” 

 “No, Megan. We’ll get pulled over.” 

 She sighed, a single tear rolled down her cheek as she pulled her knees up to her chest in the leather seat. She looked like a little girl. She seemed so fragile. 

 “Don’t cry. They’re gonna be okay.” I reached over to squeeze her hand, rubbing it gently. 

 “Don’t lie to me.” She mumbled, then regretted it. “I’m sorry. I just...I don’t like that boy.