Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Meg's POV

Everything hurt. I felt groggy and sick and tired. It hurt to open my eyes, but when I did I didn't regret it one bit.

"Merry Christmas Eve," The doctor whispered as he stood above me.

"I-I'm alive?" I choked out, words floating off my lips without any real thought behind them. "I'm alive. I'm alive." I repeated, like a broken record.

"You are. You made it." The doctor smiled gently. "Do you remember what your name is?"

"M-Megan. I prefer Meg."

"Last name?"

"Payne-Tomlinson I guess. I prefer Tomlinson." I paused. "I prefer a lot of things. Like ice cream." I blinked twice.

He chuckled. "Ahh, the meds have kicked in. Do you remember your husband's name?"

"Louis Tomlinson. Boo Bear. My Boo." I felt drunk as my eyes looked everywhere except at the doctor who was fighitng for my attention.

"Brother's?"

"I-I have a brother?"

The doctor looked alarmed now.

"I'm kidding. I know Liam. I-I miss him. I-Is he here?"

The doctor nodded, writing stuff down on a clipboard. "He's been worried sick."

"Can I see him?"

"Few more tests, dear. Then you can."

I sighed as he asked me a series of questions.

"Your head hurt?"

"Yes. These stupid questions are the cause."

"Move each limb."

I did, slowly, like he asked. He was getting on my nerves now.

"Were you on any medication or drugs before?"

"Louis Tomlinson is my druuuug." I said tiredly. "I want to see him. And Liam. And Ellie. Pleaseeee." I groaned.

The doctor huffed. "All right. I'll send them in."

"Can my husband come in too?"

The doctor peeked outside once, then popped his head back into my room.

"They're actually in Louis' room right now. I'll have the nurse get you a wheelchair."

The nurse in fact brought me a wheelchair and I was sitting in it now with ease. My side was still hurting, but I had the doctor load me up on meds, the pain fading away. I just couldn't move too much.

The nurse guided me to his room, stopping me in the doorway. I smiled at the sight of my whole family gathered around Louis' bed. They were all hugging Louis at first, but Ellie piped up at how she really hadn't thanked us.

Liam was first and she clung onto him almost as tight as she hugged me before I was sent to the hospital.

"I-I missed you," she whispered as Liam wrapped his arms around her a little better.

"I missed you too." He blinked away tears. "He didn't hurt you too bad, did he?"

Ellie shook her head. "Nothing I couldn't handle."

"That's my girl." He kissed her head tenderly as she wiped her tears. She kissed his cheek in a way of thanks as Liam wiped away his own tears. "I-I'm so glad you're safe, sweetie."

"D-Don't cry or I'll cry!" She teased playfully, until she was sobbing harder now. She pulled Liam into one more big hug, whispering 'I love you' over and over and over again.