Chapter 8

Wayne Manor, Damian’s room
4:57a.m.

~ Jonathan

              The party concluded with a countdown at midnight and a firework show in the backyard

              The party concluded with a countdown at midnight and a firework show in the backyard. And I had a great time.
             But now, I’m exhausted.
             Those who were invited came to the party and others who weren’t invited too.
             Practically the whole League member was there, the Titans, Gotham City Sirens — yup, Ivy too — and even Monica.
            When Alfred said he’d prepare a feast, he did just that. Together with some help, he prepared a mega serving of mashed potatoes, coleslaw, cheesy Risotto, candied yams, mac n cheese, and some food from different cultures such as Chinese fried rice, Naan from the Indian culture, Japanese-style sushi and onigiri, and a lot of homemade pizza.
              And let’s not forget, four large turkeys drenched in black pepper gravy. The classic.
              Other than that, there was the barbeque station where the Titans mostly gathered to cook their own meal.
              As for Aiden, he had a wonderful time.
              Asking Kori and Raven to make him feel at home was definitely a wise choice. He ate so much food; he joined in conversations and games that made him laugh a lot.
              By the end of the day, Damian and Aiden got acquainted. And before Aiden left, we exchanged phone numbers and promised to meet each other this coming weekend.
              It’s the start of a beautiful friendship. When the party was over, everyone pitched in to help clean up the manor before leaving for their respective homes.
             Mom and dad left slightly early as they had another Christmas event to attend to while I stayed for a sleepover.
             Damian and I cleaned ourselves up and now are cuddling on the bed, yawning non-stop as we both were exhausted from all the work done today.
             “So that’s how you met him,” Damian asked. “Is it a coincidence that you both met? I mean, you both share the same mistake... only there’s no saving for him.”
            “I don't know really,” I replied. “And I don’t care. I’m just glad we’ve met. If we didn’t? I’d still be living as the old Jonathan.”
            “You mean you’re changed now?” He asked.
            “Sort of,” I replied. “More like... aware of the things around me and learning to appreciate them.”
            “Well, whatever it is, I hope my beloved doesn't change too much,” he leans forward and kisses my forehead. “Because he’s perfect the way he is.”
           “Don’t worry, he’s here,” I said. “And will always be.”
           “Hey, I’m really sorry for what I did this year. I know I can’t go back to make things right, but I can do better from now on.”
           “Honestly, what you did not only hurt yourself but me too,” he said. “Whenever I got rejected, it felt as if I’m not good enough anymore and that you’d rather do something that doesn’t include me.”
           “I’m truly sorry,” I said.
           “It’s in the past now, J,” his lips stretched into a sweet smile. “And I have good news.”
           “What is it?” I asked.
           “I did not give my word to the college yet, which means I don’t have to go next year,” he said like he just won a trophy.
           “What?!” I said, sounding a little louder than I thought. “No! No, no, no you can’t.”
           “Why?” He got confused. “Didn’t you want me to stay?”
           “I’ll always want you to stay, Damian,” I said, sitting up. “But I also want you to be happy. And you’ve been talking about this college like... forever. And now that you’ve received an acceptance letter, you can't turn it down.”
            “And you’re right. It’s not like you’ll be going anywhere. Changes will happen for sure, but if our love is strong, things will only get better for us."
           “Does this mean you want me to go?” he sat up like me.
           “Yes,” suddenly my eyes were welling up with tears. Apparently, deep inside of me still wants him to stay but I knew letting him go is what's best for him. “Go, study and do your best, I’ll visit you every day after school.”
           “Thank you,” now he’s tearing up. “I’ll wait for you every day.”
           “Come here.”
           He held his arms wide open, and I immediately flew in with my arms around his body and face buried in his shoulder.
           “Have you wondered why I get excited when Christmas comes?” He asks, stroking my hair.
           I pulled back and met his eyes. “Actually, yeah,” I said. “I didn’t think you were the type to celebrate anything.”
           “Well, I wasn’t,” he said. “Until I met you.”
           “Remember our first sleepover? It was during Christmas. Honestly, I can’t thank you enough. You’ve opened me up to so many things since then. A whole new world where I’m accepted for who I am. Loved... for who I am. And because of that, Jonathan Samuel Kent, is why I love Christmas. It’s a reminder of the day I made the best decision by letting you in my life.”
            If I was tearing before, I am crying now, but with happy tears. We’ve spent so much time together that I have forgotten certain memories. It's amazing to know how much our relationship has changed since the first sleepover. Back then, we were afraid to even hold each other -- at least I was -- but now, we have no problem doing that. I never knew my life would turn out like this, especially with Damian.

             It just goes to show that good things will come in unexpected ways

             It just goes to show that good things will come in unexpected ways. We just got to be patient and follow the clues along the way.
             Now it’s much clearer why he gets excited for the holidays.
           Our fingers intertwined as I lay my forehead against his. “Till they do us part, I’ll always be here for you, Robin,” I said.
           “And I you, Superboy,” he replied.
           “I'm sorry for not getting you a gift,” I pull back. “It’s been a long day.”
           “No need,” he smiles. “I have all I need.”
           “Lay down, let's get some rest,” he patted the space next to him. “As you said, it’s been a long day.”
            I lay next to him and held him close to my body as I embraced his warmth, his scent fills my nostrils, and his skin against mine. I shut my eyes and began drifting to sleep.
           “Merry Christmas, D.”
           “Merry Christmas, J.”

Authors note:

Authors note:

Hey guys, if you're new here, you might be wondering about the conversation of their first sleepover. Well, it is the first story I've written and it's called 'Sleepover' if you want to read it 😉😊 (warning: there is a lot of grammatical errors in that story as it was my first story ever 😂)