Chapter 1

Metropolis, Jon’s Apartment
11:57a.m.

~ Jonathan

              It’s that time of year again

              School is closed, snow is falling, people decorating their houses with mistletoe, tinsels, trees, and many more.
              Christmas time.
              It started snowing not too long ago, but the weather is definitely causing the house to freeze. Or maybe it’s just me.
              I'm standing in front of the window with one of my arms resting on the windowsill while the other sticks out to feel the snow particles against my skin.

At the same time, the chilling breeze through my hair

At the same time, the chilling breeze through my hair. My eyes gazed down to see many people doing different activities. There is a group of six people singing Christmas carols, an elderly man is shoveling the snow out of his driveway, a badly designed Santa Claus mascot standing in front of a restaurant while handing out flyers, people walking in and out of the malls, and many more.
              It’s still fascinating to know how everyone is given the same time and day, but we're all doing different things.
              “Jon?” Mom enters my room.
              “Yeah?” I pull my arm back and shut the window before facing her.
              “We’re done with the tree,” she said enthusiastically. “Would you like to put the star on
the top?”
              “Why didn’t you guys put it together with the other decorations?” I asked.
              Her mouth shifted to the side. “We thought you’d like to do that,” she said. “Since it’s your favorite part of decorating the tree since you were a kid.”
              “That’s just it,” I said. “I’m not a kid anymore. Putting up a star isn’t such a big deal as it was when I was five years old, mom.”
              “Tell dad to put it.”
               Her eyebrows relaxed as she let out a questionable sigh. Her eyes wandered around my room before she quickly changed her expression and tone.
               “Sure thing,” she said, sounding happy again. “Your father and I will head out in a while to shop for gifts. Wanna come?”
               “You guys go ahead,” I said. “I’m going to Damian’s place for a bit. I’ll see you guys at their party okay?”