Chapter 18

Waiting for science class to start rn. My school decided to do in person which suckss.

'~Tommy~'

"FFFFFU-" I screech as the hammer drops onto my foot. I take a small look at Teddy sleeping in the corner, Tubbo shoots me a glare before tucking the blanket tighter around the sleeping boy. Right now we're making the little brat a tree house, more me than Tubbo and more Techno than me.

"If you wake him up I think Tubbo might decapitate you Tommy." Techno says as he nails another plank into place. I squeak in response trying to hold my scream back. I hear guitar coming from upstairs, just a few chords.

Tubbo and I look up at the same time, hope sparkling in our eyes. Then we remember what day it is, today we're cleaning out George and Wilbur's rooms. Someone probably is just moving the guitar, no one has played it. Not even touched it.

The last time I tried Wilbur shooed me out of his room, he's... he was very protective of it. I look over towards George's window to see his glasses being taken off his dresser and his closet being emptied. I sigh before feeling a small tug on my sweatpants.

"Towy." Teddy says as he looks up at me. I ruffle his hair before smiling at him. He hugs my leg before walking back towards his pillow and blanket. Tubbo gives him a thumbs up as he jumps into the giant bear he brought out with him.

Phill enters the small courtyard holding the guitar. Captain is following behind him, Phill hands me the guitar before looking over at a laughing Teddy chasing Tubbo.

"I shouldn't take this..." I say as I attempt to hand it back to him. He shakes his head before passing me a note. It's a note, we always write a small will before every huge mission. His says that I get the guitar.

"He wanted you to have it. So you better take it." Phill says as he looks away. I nod before plucking the strings, I try and remember the fingering that Wilbur used. The nights I'd spend with my ear against the wall listening to the soft music.

I only know a handful of notes, and all I can do is play them over and over. (First chords of 'I'm in love with an e-girl') Teddy stares at me before closing his eyes sleepily, Tubbo closes his eyes before opening them. He looks calm, and happy.

"Hah, no surprise you only know those notes. Will was so proud of himself for creating that little tune, it was supposed to be a song but..." Techno cuts himself off, he knows not to finish. We all know what happened.

"Are you okay?" Teddy asks me as he sits up.

"Yeah, just sad." I reply as I carefully lean the guitar against the tree.

"Sad? Why sad, why not happy?" Teddy asks with a pout.

"Okay, happy then." I say as I pick him up and twirl him around. He laughs and screams a little bit as I spin him around above my head. Phil and Techno watch carefully, I know they're scared I'll drop him. But I won't.

"OWWY!"

"TOMMY."