Chapter 22 : Undisclosed title

Start from the beginning

She turns to her boyfriend.
"How?"

"Simply put, I didn't save Thomas with the Cocyte as he made Tartarus believe, but with the Styx."

Tartarus was reforming, slowly but surely.

"But how were you able to agree on this plan?"

"We didn't have a plan. I used the Styx because I knew that Thomas would survive it. Everything else was his idea."

"Why wouldn't you use the Styx? It could give us the edge in this fight!" Said Thomas.

"Impossible -Percy rolls up his sleeve, or the letters SPQR appear- I can't use a Greek blessing, it could destroy me."

"And you Annabeth?"

She rolls up her sleeve.
The letters SPQR also appear.
"I had it done when we agreed with Camp Jupiter. As a pledge of my oath forever."

"WARNING!"

Thomas turns around and sees Tartarus melt on him.

The latter grabs the demigod by the throat.
"The miserable blessing of the Styx will not save you from me! If you are protected from weapons, you are not protected from my power!"

SHLACK!

Thomas falls to the ground, panting.

Percy stands before him with his sword raised.
"Looks like you've lost your touch."

Taking advantage of Tartarus' inattention, Percy cuts off the hand that was holding Thomas.

"My body is a creation of my mind. You can cut it off as much as you like, but it will never be enough to kill me!"

Tartarus raises his arm with the missing hand.
Except that there is no missing hand.

Percy helps Thomas to get up.
"Nyx will return soon. We just have to hold on for a few more minutes."

"We attack at three,"Annabeth announces.

"Let's go!"

And they run on Tartarus.

At the same time,
another place, another atmosphere.

Nyx was crouched before a woman sitting on a throne. The room is plunged into darkness. The only source of light is a kind of small screen, floating between the two personalities.

"It has potential. I know what you mean.
Very good, Nyx. You have my blessing."

The woman raises her hand, and a bright white ball forms, before moving towards Nyx, who grabs it.

"Thank you, mother."

............

The battle rages on.
Tartarus fights with two swords.
Even with the blessing of Thomas' Styx, the demigods struggle to stay alive.

Percy used water for support, but Tartarus used fire to ward off the powers of Poseidon's son.

Attempting a feint, Percy throws a wave toward Tartarus' head, rolls, and attempts to cut off Tartarus' legs, but Tartarus understood and countered both blows.

Annabeth fought, slicing Tartarus on all sides, but the blows inflicted only slowed him down.

"Fighting is vain, you can't do nothing against me! Let's face it!"

Tartarus raised his hand, provoking a shock wave that pushed back and made the children of Olympus fall.

"It's time to end it all."

Just when he says this, Thomas throws his spear in his direction, piercing his throat.

Tartarus turns towards him, and starts walking in his direction, removing the spear.

"So you will be the first to die. But first I must rid you of this blessing."

Tartarus places his palm on Thomas' head, and he begins to scream in pain.

"That's done. Now I'm going to kill you with your own spear."

Tartarus lowers the spear, which sticks in the ground.
Percy, using his powers on the water, dragged Thomas to him.

"THAT'S ENOUGH! "

Annabeth, understanding what Tartarus is about to do, throws herself before Percy.

When she falls back down, a spear goes through her body.

"ANNABETH!"

Percy lays her down with her head in his lap.
"We need ambrosia. We're going to get you out of here."

"There's nothing left to do, algae brain. I'm not in pain..."

Tears are starting to run down Percy's face.
"Don't say that, don't say that. We're gonna save you. You can't die. Not after everything we've been through."

Annabeth raises her hand and strokes his cheek.
"I'm going to die. There is nothing we can do about it."

"No. No, I refuse. -Percy takes her hand- We said we would stay together, forever!"
Tears are now pouring down Percy's face in abundance.

"Percy, you must live."

"Not without you! I won't!"

"You have to, Percy. This world needs Heroes like you."

"Not without you... not without you..."

"I'm sorry, Percy. You have to keep going. Live your life. Live it without remorse. You deserve it."

"I don't... I don't want you to go. There's still so much I want to do with you! I love you, Annabeth!"

"Don't be sad. I am happy. I'm dying in the arms of the man I love. I'll always love you, Percy."

The pressure of her hand releases, and her eyes close.

"No... no, no, no, no, Annabeth, no! Stay with me... stay with me..."

Percy sticks his forehead against Annabeth's, crying all the tears of his body.
"I love you... I love you... Do not leave... I beg you Annabeth come back..."

"Do not worry. You will soon join her!"
Tartarus heads towards Percy, leaving a moaning Thomas on the ground.

Percy was too shocked to notice that Thomas fought alone against Tartarus to prevent him from ruining Annabeth's last moments.

"I don't think so."

Nyx appears between Tartarus and Percy, and a small white ball of bright gleam escapes from her hand and heads towards the boy.

It melts into his body, without him noticing it, too busy crying Annabeth.

"What is it?"

"Nothing more than his awakened potential." answers Nyx.

Suddenly, from where Percy stood, a column of white light gushes forth in a deafening roar.

🔱 🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱
Here is the moment to reveal the title.
This fatal title, which we would have preferred not to read :

Chapter 22: Annabeth's Death

I confess that this chapter was very complex to write.

Nevertheless, I hope you enjoyed this sad chapter.
Do not hesitate to vote, share if you like the story, but above all give your opinion by commenting! 😊

See you soon for the next chapter!
Stay cool, demigods 😁🔱

Word count :
1493