Chapter 3 : The fight

Percy's PoV

"I think it's good !" I say to Thomas, a few meters bellow.

I go down to the ground and admire our work.
Perfect. Alby is now hanging against the wall ten meters above the ground retained by the ivy particularly provided here.

"We did it !" exclaimed Thomas.

I nodded

"Alby is likely to survive and it is entirely thanks to your idea." I said.

"Yes but I would not have succeeded without you. We are a good team."

"Hehe, hit me five, associate !" I said to him presenting my hand.

SHKRAAACK

Uh, shkraaack ?
One thing's for sure, it's not our hit me five...

I look at Thomas and I see him fix a point behind me, his hand still raised. I turn around. The origin of the noise is a creature half robot, half flesh.
I can easily guess by his threatening spikes that he is not friendly, so I slowly back towards Thomas still having his hand raised.

"RUUN !" Screamed a voice

I look in this direction and I see Minho arrive at full speed and pass in front of us without stopping, and the creature sets off in pursuit.

"GRIEVERS !" Yelled Minho.

I clap Thomas hand saying "Let's go help Minho !"

"Why would he run like that ?" Ask Thomas

"Uh, I don't know maybe--" I started to answer before I was cut by screams.

With the same movement, thomas and I turn in the direction where minho comes from. Griever.
No. Grievers.
Half a dozen grievers come towards us at too fast a speed according to me.

"RUN !" Thomas yelled at me.

We started to run.
None of us know where we're going, and we took so many turns that it's impossible to find where we came from.
If the grievers don't kill us, the labyrinth would do it.

Yeah, good job Percy, don't put yourself in danger and stay where you were, he said. (He talks about Grover)
Just four minutes after waking up, you get into a big mess.

Thomas falls to the ground but gets up immediately and we start running again.

We continue to run but it is clear that they are going much faster than us and catch up with us from one moment to the next.

"Hey Thomas, do you trust me? " I asked.

"Anyway do I have a choice ?" He return

"Nope !" I confirm. "When I give you the signal, grab the ivy and climb without stopping, okay ?!"

He nodded

"NOW !" I scream.

I see him catch the ivy and to give him time to go up I stop and turn to face the grievers.
I take out my pen and I remove the cap.