Chapter 10 : The Beginning of the End

Percy's PoV

"Percy Jackson, Demigod, son of Poseidon. "

All look at me without knowing what to think.

Alby open his mouth to speak, but at the same time the ground started to shake.
A lot of gladers fell to the ground, and a voice was heard coming from all directions :

"Names have power, Perseus Jackson. At the moment, you woke up someone whose only wish is to kill Poseidon and his descendants, and you gave yourself the time to stir up even more this desire of revenge. Beware, Perseus Jackson.
You are in my power and I will revel in seeing you die in suffering and pain."

As suddenly as they appeared, the tremors ceased and everything returned to calm.
All the Gladers start talking at the same time in a hellish hubbub.

"Silence !" Says Alby

No one is silent.

"SHUT UP !"

Everyone stopped talking.

Alby looks me in the eyes.

"What was that ?" He ask

"The worst thing that can happen." I say

"So ?"

I take a deep breath

"Tartarus."

"What ?"

I don't answer. The Arai had told me about it, but I didn't really consider it. Tartarus wants to take revenge.
I understand better why the bond of empathy was very weak. I understand that the Iris Message didn't show the right person. I understand why the research teams can't find me.

You are in my power.

I'm back at Tartare.

"PERCY !" someone shouts at me

"WHAT ?" I cry back.

"Who is this Tartarus ? And who is the person who wants your skin ?"

"Tartarus is none other than the primordial god." I answer

"That of Greek Mythologie ?" Ask Stanislas

"Yes. I escaped him once, not without difficulty, and certainly not alone. Some are no longer there to talk about it."

All gladers return in a respectful silence.

"And the one who wants me dead..." I start but a voice cut me off :

"SUS TO THE SON OF THE GOD OF THE SEA !"

The voice seems rather distant but I would recognize this voice between a thousand.

"Polybotes."

I swear in ancient greek before speaking.

"Alby, we really have to get out of here. Polybotes is in the maze, wich means that any time he can come and I can't kill him alone. We have to do more research and do it at night. We don't have the choice."