Chapter 13 : The end of the Maze ( final part )

Percy's PoV

Bending to my will, the water forms a wave advancing towards Polybotes taking me to its top before I touch the ground.

"Are you in a hurry to die, son of Poseidon ? I'm going to be happy to give you what you're coming for ! No god is going to help you here !" Polybotes says to me with sufficient air.

He started to run towards me, and caught a handful of snake which he threw without slowing down in its course.
They were swept away by my personal wave.

Arriving at his height, I jump with the help of the force of the water over the Giant, which caught my wave with full force.

"HA HA ! WATER BECOMES POISONOUS TO MY CONTACT, WOULD YOU FORGET ?"

No I haven't forgotten. But it keeps him busy while the others run away.

I take a quick look at the others. Big mistake. The giant's hand swept over me and sent me flying for several dozen meters.

Polybotes grabbed his trident and was going to impale me but I send him water in the eyes, blinding the Giant with water, then I go and plant him turbulence in the thigh, causing the Ichor to spurt out, the golden blood of immortals.

"GRAAAAAAAAAAAA ! " the giant roared in pain.

I started to run.

His wound already closing, the Giant picked up his trident that had fallen to the ground and walked towards me again.

"Your childish technique will not work twice !" he told me.

"Are you sure ? However, this is the second time that it has worked, if I remember correctly you were already fooled in New Rome, right ? You are so stupid that you don't learn !"

I was trying to get him mad, to make sure the gladers had time to get away.
Out of the corner of my eye, I saw them walk through the door and disappear into the labyrinth. Now I had to get rid of the Giant to join them.

Polybotes always followed me, and it was gaining ground.

"DIE !" yells him, and it would have happened if I hadn't been hyperactive.

Without thinking, I threw myself to the side, narrowly avoiding his trident which he had thrown to ... well to simply kill me.
If I manage to enter the Maze there is a chance to throw him away !

Continuing to run I walked through the doors, the Giant still on my heels.

I am too slow.

"TOO SLOW, SON OF POSEIDON !"

Reached my height he sweeps me with his trident, and a sharp pain seizes my ankle.

I try to get up, but my ankle is loose, unable to support my weight.

Polybotes hovered over me, savoring his moment of superiority.

"Pity, impossible for you to join your little comrades. A few meters from the exit. And no one to save you !" he taunts me.

I do not respond. I have to find a solution, and quickly.

"Don't worry, once you're dead I'll go play with your  friends !" he added.