Chapter 11 - Secrets Pt. 2/4

Start from the beginning

Y/n: "I see."

     I noticed an unfamiliar gun on a table. It doesn't look like anything I've seen before so I was quite curious about it, I pointed at the gun.

Y/n: "What's that on the table, if I may ask?"

Menw: "Ah this one, sir? It's a new submachine gun

Menw: "Ah this one, sir? It's a new submachine gun. They call it the "Sten", this one is the Mk I."

     Menw grabbed the gun and threw it to me. I grabbed it and started inspecting the gun, it was quite new.

Menw: "32 rounds, 9×19mm Parabellum cartridge. Blowback-operated, cheap and easy to manufacture. This one is handmade, so you don't have to worry about malfunctions sir."

Philip: "This one is made with a conical flash hider. We wanted you to try it, Y/n."

Y/n: "Got it, sir."

Menw: "The effective range of this gun is 100 meters, sir. Beyond that, we can't ensure its accuracy."

     I walked over to the firing range to the right and cocked the gun before I started firing in both single and automatic.

     Just like Menw said, the gun was very effective at around 100 meters, beyond that however it tends to be like most submachine gun. The rate of fire was also quite impressive in automatic.

Philip: "So what do you say, Y/n? Are you ready to get back to business?"

Y/n: "Would the SIS even allow that, sir? After all, I am still their agent."

Philip: "Don't worry about that, Galahad. I will deal with it."

Y/n: "Then I would gladly accept, sir."

Philip: "Welcome to the SOE then, Galahad."

Y/n: "Galahad sir?"

Philip: "Don't you like it? You're the most perfect of all our operatives and you're renowned for your gallantry, just like Sir Galahad."

Y/n: "No, sir. It's rather my pleasure, sir."

Philip: "Now that you're back into business, I think you need some more specialist training to make you familiar to the new equipment. After all it's been four years, right?"

Y/n: "Yes, sir."

Philip: "I will set up the date and place for you later then. I don't want you to be late at Scapa Flow."

Y/n: "Aye, sir."

     Just as I was about to place the Sten back on the table, Menw grabbed it and placed it in a bag for me. There were also a total of 20 magazines for the Sten and a pair of push daggers in the bag.

     I grabbed the bag and walked out of the building. My father, Philip followed me to the car as if he got something in his mind.

Philip: "By the way, Galahad. Next February, are you available for a week?"