hopeless

based off the song hopeless by halsey
written in third person

Boy, you make it look so easy
Promise that I'm gonna call you back in five
Sorry, baby girl, but I can't tonight, oh
Boy, you make it look so simple, mm
Yeah, I've known that girl for like my whole life
Back in my hotel and I'm alone inside, oh

"Can you come over?" You whisper into the phone, even though you already know the answer. "Sorry babygirl, I cant tonight, next week?" Ashleys heaven like voice asks, and even though you knew you probably shouldn't have, you said yes, hanging up the phone.

You stared at the wall as you sat on the edge of the neatly made bed of the hotel room you were in. 

You knew exactly where she was, and who she was with, all thanks to the internet of course. 

Your phone rings again, and you reach over, hitting the 'accept' button when you read the name 'Ash.'

"Ashley? Are you okay?"

"oh fuck, ash, keep going"

"you close babygirl?"

"yes, fuck, please dont stop"

You take a shaky breath as you hang up, not knowing exactly how to react to the fact that your girlfriend of two years was cheating on you with your best friend, whom you'd known for almost your whole life. 

Eventually, you gave up, sobbing endlessly into one of the multiple pillows that laid at the top of your bed.

'Cause you know the truth hurts
But secrets kill
Can't help thinkin' that I love it still
Still here, there must be something real
'Cause you know the good die young
But so did this
And so it must be better than I think it is
Gimme those eyes, it's easy to forgive

"Where are you going?" you ask as you watch ashley get out of bed.

"out."

"but its 3am"

Even though its dark, you can still see Ashley rolling her eyes. 

"I dont care"

Your silent for a moment before answering, "Okay, I love you"

"Love you too" She replies before walking out the door.

You sigh, lying back and staring at the ceiling, knowing that when she came you'd forgive her, and the cycle would begin again.

You and all your friends all hate me, oh
Thinkin' that you're better when I'm not around
Hear me on the radio and turn it down, oh
I can't help the way you made me
Hope that she believin' in the truth you found
Thinkin' that you want us 'cause I can't find out, oh

"Come on y/n, the relationship is clearly toxic, you need to break up" your friend, Aaliyah says and you huff, "you're just saying that because you hate her" you argue, even though, deep down, you knew she was right. "No I dont! I just think your relationship was better when you first started dating, now she just cheats on you!" Aaliyah says and you shake your head in denial. 

"stop"

"no, you know i'm right, we both know that your better without her, you look so much happier when she's not around. She's fucked up y/n, just leave her, please"

You cross your arms, your y/e/c eyes focused on the wooden floor.

"I'll think about it" you whispered.

'Cause you know the truth hurts
But secrets kill
Can't help thinkin' that I love it still
Still here, there must be something real
'Cause you know the good die young
But so did this
And so it must be better than I think it is
Gimme those eyes, it's easy to forgive

"Babygirl? Im home" Ashley called out and you sigh, setting down the book you were reading before walking downstairs.

"Hey love, how was your day" Ashley asks, looking at her phone and you roll your eyes.

"Awful" You say and she looks at you, her brown eyes full of confusement. "Why? What happened?" She asks and you scoff. 

"Who dont you ask Victoria?"

She freezes.

"Shit, y/n, baby, I'm so fucking sorry" She says frantically but all you do is shake your head. "No your not." 

She looks at you, her hazel eyes staring into your y/e/c ones. 

And just like that, you knew you had forgiven her again.

Oh, oh, oh...
I hope hopeless
Changes over time
I hope hopeless
Changes over time
I hope hopeless
Changes over time

"i forgive you..."

___________________

LMFAO THAT WAS SO BAD