will you marry me?

"we can leave the christmas lights up 'till january" You sing as you slide on your shoes. Tonight you and your girlfriend, Ashley were going on a date, but she wouldn't tell you where. It was around 7:30 at night and starting to get dark, making you curious on where she was planning on taking you.

"Baby are you ready?" Ash calls out, walking into your shared bedroom, gasping softly when she sees you, "Holy shit you look gorgeous"

(ur wearing this w/ white heels)

You giggle pecking her lips softly. "Thanks baby, so do you" 

Ashley grins, leaning down to kiss you one more time before pulling away

Ashley grins, leaning down to kiss you one more time before pulling away. "Thanks my love, lets go before it gets cold" you nod, following her downstairs, being sure to grab a sweatshirt before heading out the door. 

"Can you please tell me where we're going? You know how much I hate surprises" you whine and Ashley laughs, "No i can't tell you" she says and you groan making her laugh, again.

"Alrighty, we're here" Ash says happily as she parks the car, you look around in both confusion and delight. "The beach?" You ask a little confused as of why you were here so late. "Yup, c'mon" she says, getting out of the car and motioning for you to do the same. 

"Alright, follow me, ok?" You nod, grabbing the girls hair, letting her lead you.

"Here we are" Ashley whispers, and you gasp, looking around. Ashley had set up a picnic blanket, with a telescope next to it, candles lit and a fancy looking dinner in a picnic basket. 

"Oh my god Ash you didn't" You say as you feel tears start to gather in your y/e/c eyes.

"I did, I know this is your dream date and I wanted to make it happen, I know how special it is for you" You choke back a sob as you take in your surroundings.

Ashley was right, stargazing on a moonlit beach was your dream date, it was exactly how your dad had proposed to your mom.

flashback

"Daddy? Where are you going?" You asked your father making him chuckle and bend down to your height level, making it so you could see his face. "Mommy and I are going on a little adventure together, you're gonna stay here with Frankie okay?" He asked and you pouted, you were only three years old and you hated being apart from your parents.

"No! I don't want you to go" you whined making your dad laugh again. "I know you don't my little bumblebee, but Daddy has a special present he wants to Mommy tonight" You smile, "Oooh, is it a puppy?" You squeal, jumping up and down, "No princess, it's not a puppy" Your dad says laughing making you pout.

"Oh" He smiles at you, "Do you wanna see it?" You nod frantically and gasp when you see the beautiful ring your father had pulled out of his back pocket, "I'm gonna take your mama to the beach to look at the stars, and then daddy's gonna give her this" He tells you and you smile, "Are you gonna ask her to be your moon?" You ask him and he grins.

"Exactly" You smile widely, clapping your tiny hands, "Daddy, tell me the moon and sun story please" you beg and he nods.

"There once was a moon, as beautiful as can be, only the stars could fathom, but the sun could not see. The sun so radiant, he burns so bright. The moon so luminous, but only showed her face during the night. She was untouchable, surrounding herself with a blanket of darkness. The sun would give anything to catch a glimpse of the Moon illuminating the beautiful night sky.

Until one day when the Sun was sliding out of the heavens, he caught a glimpse of her. She was peeking up, a rare side of her being exposed to the light. And while the Sun could shine, he knew the Moon could glow.

Just as the Stars were wandering into the night, the Sun fell in love like a snowball hurdling down a mountain. How he wished to see her move than the fleeting moments he shared with her at both dawn and dusk. But they were both a world apart.

"Go," she whispered to him one of those nights,"Go and let me breathe, for you and I have decided fates. You illuminate the day, and I cast a glow on the night. We will never be. Our connection would go against what all the people believe, all they know" During the summer he would stay a little longer just in case she would change his mind. It was no use.

"Don't you dare abandon your blessing of light for my darkness." And those were the last words the Moon was strong enough to speak to the Sun.

The Sun could feel her peaceful soul and it soon became clear. He would die each and every night to let his true love breathe, for it would put an end to all her misery."

(btw i didnt write the moon and sun story- heres where i found it https://michellemontague.com/2017/05/the-story-of-the-sun-and-moon-an-inspiration/#:~:text=the%20story%20below%3A-,%E2%80%9CTell%20me%20the%20story%20about%20how%20the%20sun%20loved%20the,radiant%2C%20he%20burns%20so%20bright.&text=And%20while%20the%20Sun%20could,knew%20the%20Moon%20could%20glow. all rights belong to the author)

*end of flashback* 

"God I love you" you say and Ash kisses your neck softly whispering back, "I love you too, now c'mon lets go look at those stars" she tells and you smile, grabbing her hand and dragging her towards the telescope that was standing on the sand.

"Go ahead, you first" Ashley tells you and grin, looking through the glass gasping at how beautiful the stars and moon were, "Oh my god Ash you have to see it, it's so clear you can see everything" you say, pulling away to give her a chance to look. You turn around expecting her to be standing there but you gasp when you see her on one knee, holding up a black velvet box.

"Ash? Baby?" you ask shakily and she laughs softly.

"Y/n, I've loved you for three years, in fact I don't think I've ever loved anyone as much as I love you, you're my one and only. The moon to my sun, so, will you make me the happiest person in the world and marry me?" she asks and you sob, covering your mouth with your hands, nodding your head frantically.

She lets out a shaky laugh as she places the ring on your finger getting up to kiss you.

She wraps her arms around your waist while yours go to cup her cheeks. When you finally pull apart, you take a moment to look at the ring, and you gasp at how beautiful it is.

 When you finally pull apart, you take a moment to look at the ring, and you gasp at how beautiful it is

"Ashley, it's gorgeous" you tell her and she smiles, kissing your forehead.

"I knew you'd like it, your mom actually helped me pick it out." She tells you and you smile, "she must be thrilled your gonna be her daughter in-law" you say and she laughs.

"Yeah, she was pretty excited" she tells you and you giggle, kissing her again.

You were so lucky you got to call her yours

i've had this in my drafts since september 19, its one of my favorite things i have ever written, i'm really proud of it.