adoption

written in third person

All your life it had been your dream to someday, adopt a child. You were adopted, and you knew how awful it was to go from foster home to foster home, secretly building up a false hope that they'd end up inviting you to be a part of their family. You also knew how awful it was when they sat you down, telling you that you needed to pack up your stuff, basically telling you that they didnt want you. 

You were adopted at the age of fourteen, by Charles and Nicholas Anderson, and you couldn't love them more. 

However, on November 15, 2020 at exactly two thirty seven in the afternoon, you were finally fulfilling that life long dream. 

Your wife sat next to you in the small office like room, her hand found yours, giving it a small squeeze before bringing it up to her soft lips, kissing your knuckles softly. 

"Im so fucking nervous" she whispers and you let out a shaky laugh. 

"Me too" You replied truthfully, feeling your legs begin to bounce anxiously as you waited. 

Suddenly, the door opened, a tall, dark skinned women stepping into the room with Layla sitting comfortably on her hip making your breath hitch. 

She squealed when she saw the two of you, holding out her tiny arms making Ashley giggle as she gently grabbed her, setting her on her lap. 

"Hi beautiful! Are you ready to go home? We've got everything ready for you!" Your wife told the two year old and you both grinned when she smiled, nodding furiously. 

"Yeah!"

You laughed, shaking your head playfully as you watched your wife play with her.

__________

Two hours later, and you were sat in your living room, Layla fast asleep on your lap, and Ashley's head on your shoulder, soft snores fell from both of their lips as you watched the movie.

A smile tugged at your lips as you admired your little family.

so perfect, you thought.

And you were right, 

they were perfect.