mars

You've loved everything space related for as long as you can remember. Tonight though,  you were extremely excited. Scientists were saying people would be able to see Mars next to the moon. 

You peered over your shoulder, checking the time

10:03

The sky was dark, and Ashley had just fallen asleep- being too tired to stay awake because of the long day of interviews she had. She felt bad though, continuously telling you, "baby, if you see it wake me up okay? We can look at it together" to which you'd reply with, "Ash, love. You need sleep, I'll take pictures and show you them tomorrow, I promise."

You tip-toed out of bed, careful not to wake your sleeping girlfriend who was sound asleep in your bed. 

You walked over to the window, looking out. You gasped in excitement when you saw the small red dot next to the bright moon.

You didnt want to wake up Ashley, but you couldnt help it, you were so excited! You walked over to Ashleys side of the bed, climbing on top of her and shaking her gently.

"Baby, wake up! I can see it, it's so cool!" Ashley groans, rubbing her eyes before smiling at you. "Show me babygirl" She says. She was tired, of course, but she didnt care. The way you smiled and how your eyes lit up made up for the lack of sleep she was getting.

"See it, right there? Thats mars" You tell her, and she gasps. "Thats so fucking cool" You nod in agreement. 

"I know right, look how red it is!" You exclaim, wiggling closer to the brown eyed girl making her grin. She knew she was going to be tired in the morning, but she couldnt care less.

You were happy, and that was all that mattered to her. "I love you" she whispers pecking your forehead softly and you sigh happily, laying your head on her shoulder while she wraps her arms around your waist.

"I love you so much more, thank you for doing this for me" you say. "Are you kidding me y/n? Of course Im doing this with you. You'd do the same for me." She tells you, kissing you again making you giggle.

"I know, but still, you're tired and you could've just ignored me and went back to sleep, I wouldn't have gotten mad you know." Ashley frowns. 

"I know you wouldn't have, but i wanted to spend this moment with my incredible girlfriend, suck it up" she teases and you giggle.

You were so lucky to have her in your life.

a/n: THIS IS REALLY SHORT AND BAD BUT GUYS I CAN SEE MARS AND IT IS SO COOL OMFG ASDSJDKHJKVWOID