Chapter 20: Bianca

Start from the beginning

"What!? No way!" That showed how behind I am... No more games! This is business! And I have the perfect outfit for it!

"He's a seasoned Gym Leader. He made me work for that Gym Badge" he sighed "but for me, bug type Pokémon aren't much of a challenge" he shrugged and made his glasses shine "I'm going to keep winning like this against all of the Unova regions Gym leaders. Then, I'll head for the Pokémon League and outperform the champion!" I glared and showed him my fist.

"Not before I do" he smirked.

"And that's what this rivalry is all about. When I win, everyone will admit what a strong trainer I am... that will make me feel truly alive" he held his heart. I grabbed his head and messed up his hair.

"Awe! You're so adorable!" I laughed. He pulled off, fixed his hair, and looked at Angel and her Pichu, who came out again and was eating some Oran berries that Lampent brought.

"When did you evolve Litwick?" He asked.

"When she was battling me in Nacrene City" I explained.

"Ah" he smirked and pointed at her "then I challenge you to a battle!" My jaw dropped.

"What!? What about me!?"

"We can battle anytime, but I want see how she battles. Don't worry" he looked back at Angel "So? Will you accept my challenge?" She started playing with her fingers

"Sure, how many?"

"Three against three"

"One against one" he arched his brow

"What? That little? Do you not have more Pokémon?" She didn't say anything "I want to battle you fairly. I can't just battle with one Pokémon. Let's battle with three" she slowly nodded put Pichu on the floor "what? You're going to battle with a baby Pokémon? You know a Pichu is the weakest Electric type there is, right?"

"Hey, dude" I held his shoulder "Don't be like that. What are you gaining from treating her that way?" He snorted "Take it easy on her. She has stage fright"

"And? If you're going to stick to an adventure, you need to perform in battles to protect yourself most of all. You can't protect her forever, Blade" I slowly removed my hand off him "If you took the time to help her train her Pokémon, she should know how to battle against me. No matter where we are"

"She agreed with this, so I can't say anything otherwise, but I don't like the way you're talking to her. I'm telling you once. If you make my little sister cry like you did before, I won't forgive you" he stared at me for a moment before huffing and moved away from me

"If that's what you want" I shook my head at his attitude. We found a communal battle ground nearby and decided to use it for the battle. I walked over to Angel getting ready

"Ignore him. He probably won't ever change. Give it your all" she smiled and looked at Cheren

"I'm ready" the two gave took their places in the battlefield. I was the referee.

"Alright!" I yelled. I can feel an audience starting to form. I hope Angel will be okay "on this side" I pointed at Cheren "we have Cheren and his Pidove! And on this side!" I pointed at Angel whose Snivy came out and took Pichu's place "uh... We have Angel and her Snivy! Both challengers will use three Pokémon each! Challengers, are you ready?" They nodded "begin!"

"Pidove! Use air cutter!" Cheren demanded.

"Snivy! Use Protect!" Snivy created a barrier around her and protected herself from the attack "great! Now Sweet scent!" Snivy let out a amazing smell of flowers, candy, or cake, that I really enjoyed. Pidove was distracted and started smelling the air too.