Afterword

First and foremost, I want to thank you for taking the time to read Broken Oaths Book One, it really meant a lot to me.

Broken Oaths was originally meant to be a short novel. I began the story of Broken Oaths from a short random scene which I wrote during one of my lecture classes, I decided to use what I wrote and turn it into a novel. I became so engrossed in planning the storyline and writing the story such that it became more than a few pages, it became what you have read.

Broken Oaths was meant to be a revenge-driven story. In the beginning, what came to my mind was: Mei lost everything when she was betrayed, and with a broken body, she makes a blood pact with a demon to achieve her revenge. Eventually, she confronts Sara and somehow shift into her demon form, and successfully getting her revenge. At least, that was the original idea. It eventually ended as what you've read.

Another thing to take note of is that, while I labeled this novel as Broken Oaths Book One, I do not have any actual plan in continuing the story, at least for now. It was intended to be a short novel, containing four chapters only, and I like how the final piece came out to be. Even so, there is a possibility of a continuation if I ever have the idea to write it, but that will be in the future.

I did think about a second book, a continuation of the story, but sadly I do not have any ideas even if I wanted to continue writing it. I only have bits and pieces to the storyline. Or I could extend Broken Oaths Book One, making it longer, with more details in the journey.

Secondly, I am not a professional writer, my writing may not be as good as other writers, but I hope that you enjoyed reading this series. I am looking to improve myself in time to write better and faster. This novel took me quite some time to complete, about four to five months. And I have faced multiple obstacles during this time. Though I am happy with how it came out, even though there is room for improvement. I aimed to rewrite it someday when my writing gets better.

I've checked for errors twice or thrice before publishing, though there might be some errors that I failed to spot and fix, I hope that it doesn't affect the story much.

I have a few other novels that I was writing but did not complete due to various reasons. Broken Oaths is the first that I completed, so it holds an important place in my heart. I tried to write it as closely as possible to what I imagined, but since my writing skill is limited, the final result is not as detail as I wanted.

I would like to use this opportunity to thank my friends who supported me throughout this journey, amongst them, a few took their precious time to help me review my novel. I am grateful for all the support regardless.

And once again, I thank you for spending the time to read Broken Oaths, I sincerely hope it is a nice experience for you.