Chapter Two: Blood Pact (Part 1)

She could hear whispers, but somehow, she knew she was dreaming, even though everything felt so real. She was with the rest of her comrades, at the hall back at Inkrirdar, the place where they called home.

They were drinking and laughing around, playing games, and challenging each other to competitions. Everyone was here, Kenta, Mikael, Torin, and Kate. She did not notice the only missing member. She did not pay attention as she immersed herself in the joy of the company of her closest friends and comrades.

There were other people too, her other comrades that were fighting in the same cause. She was having fun, something that she hasn't felt for a long time. But when she saw something familiar figure at the back of the crowd, she stops and tries to get a closer look. When she couldn't see who it was, she walked towards the person, hoping to find out who it was.

Kenta was surprised when Mei had walked away, he chased after her. Mei began walking through the crowd, she was determined to find the person. There was a reason why the person seemed so familiar.

As she tries to catch up to the person, she realizes that she had reached the center of the hall. The person stopped walking when they reached the center, Mei looked at the person's back.

When the woman turns around, memories came flooding back into Mei. She remembers the betrayal of Sara, the sufferings that she went through because of her. She felt her rage boiling like a volcano as she reaches for her sword.

"You! How dare you come back here!"

Sara was standing in front of Mei, smiling at her. Seeing her smile, Mei felt even angrier. She pulls out her sword and was about to slash at Sara, but she was quickly disarmed by Kenta.

"What are you doing!?" Kenta was holding her sword, he turns to look at Sara with concern. "Are you okay, Sara?"

As if noticing the commotion, everyone in the hall stopped and witness the situation. The rest of her squad came to inquire about what had happened. Upon understanding the incident, they were surprised because Mei had never acted so rashly before. They were also concerned if Sara was hurt.

"Why are you guys helping her? She's a traitor!" Mei shouted angrily, pointing an accusing finger at Sara.

"What are you talking about? She is our comrade." Mikael leaped at Sara's defense.

"No! She was the reason for your death, and I couldn't do anything," Mei says as she cried, clutching her broken heart. Her cries were painful to hear, it sounded so lonely, like somehow who was badly hurt.

"What are you talking about? Aren't we here?" Mikael tried to comfort Mei.

"No! No, you're not! This is just a dream! You're already dead! And it's because of her!" Mei glared at Sara.

With renewed energy, she grabs the sword from Mikael and pulls it out, then she rushes to Sara. The rest of the squad wants to stop her, but she seemed to know their movement and avoided them. As she approaches Sara, she was still smiling as if she wasn't afraid. It was exactly like what had happened, Sara was always smiling, even when she broke her oath and betray her friends. This action made Mei even angrier, she roars as she slashes down on Sara.

The moment the blade touches Sara, it cuts through her without resistance and everything became air and vanishes.

'Come to me, my child.'

It was but a whisper that Mei heard, calling for her. The next moment, she opened her eyes, and she was back in reality. The first thing she felt was pain, it was like her whole body was on fire, hurting all over.