~ Chapter 11~

Chapter 11

Words: 1304

Phil and the others sat down, they had to think this through and had to find a way to find TWO Kira's now. Phil was feeling a little frustrated and his mind wasn't entirely focused since he was still pissed about the previous day with the whole Dan and PJ conundrum.

"Right." Phil started, clearing his thoughts. "First we must focus on stopping this copycat. From what we've seen, he sympathizes with real Kira but clearly lacks his sophistication. I think he might even be willing to obey the original. If so, we could lure him into a trap by sending our own message from the real Kira." Phil explained.

"Sounds like a good plan to me." Joe confirmed.

"You know best Ryuzaki." Tim sighed.

"Alright, we'll script a message from Kira to be aired on Television tomorrow at lunchtime." Phil added.

"Alright, let's get started then." Mr Howell replied.

~

Dan, Phil, PJ and Chris were in PJ's lounge in front of the TV. They were laughing and joking like friends should but there was a tension in the air. PJ and Dan didn't really notice it because they'd usually talk animatedly to themselves here and there whilst Phil and Chris glared at them. Phil could feel his jealousy levels hitting a dangerous level. Was Dan getting bored of him? He nearly forgot about the announcement until the TV switched to a different screen.

TV~"And now a shocking announcement. In response to the frightening Kira video aired on Sky News only a few days ago, an anonymous individual has contacted us claiming to be the real Kira. In short, he has demanded of this network, as well as several others that we air the message you are now about to see. I would also like to mention that the Police have granted us permission to air this video. Is this the real Kira? No one knows for sure, but we can only hope this video will provide us with some much needed answers."

Dan stared wide eyed at the TV before internally scoffing. How many people were going to try and imitate him? He knew it was the police trying to catch the second Kira which was obviously not going to happen. Just in case it was PJ he cast a little glance at him to see him raise his eyebrows - a sign showing him he didn't have anything to do with it. 

"Looks like the police are moving against you Dan." Ryuk chuckled. 

"As if you two would be stupid to fall for it anyway." Rem commented, keeping a weary eye on PJ.

Dan nor PJ could reply so kept quiet and watched the screen. It was a plain black background with white capital letters spelling out 'KIRA' . Then suddenly its robotic voice spoke up,

TV~"I am Kira. The true Kira. The one who has broadcast-ed Sky News a few days ago was a pretender, a fake. The purpose of this message is to communicate my will to this imposter. I have chosen to be lenient with him for the time being only because I believe he wishes to co-operate with me in the creation of a new world, but I want to make it absolutely clear that the taking of innocent lives is against my will. If  this person claiming to be me is truly sympathetic to my cause and wishes to be of some help, I ask two things of him. That he refrain from killing aimlessly and he agree to abide by my basic principles..."

Dan switched off at this point, offended that different people were ruining his image. PJ hadn't done it on purpose but it still damaged the thought of Kira saving the innocent. Dan glanced at PJ, a pissed look in his eyes. PJ had a similar glare, did they really think he was that stupid? PJ wanted to point and laugh but it didn't matter because he already knew who Kira was and didn't have to reply.

"Wow." Chris breathed once the broadcast was over. "Well, now that the drama is over, who's up for Chinese?" He asked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Mmm, chicken chow mein for me please." Dan grinned.

"I'll have what Dan's having." PJ added, not looking up from the phone he had taken out. Phil glared at PJ but stopped when Dan turned to look at him. Dan smiled, making the butterflies in Phil's tummy to fly about. He internally cursed himself for being too much of a pushover to Dan's ways. He felt this determination come over him to try get Dan away from PJ. He needed to make sure Dan didn't find him boring, he'd take him out and do fun stuff.

"Alright Phil, last chance, what do you want?" Chris called from the kitchen. 

"I'll have whatever!" Phil called back. After ten minutes of waiting Chris called Phil into the kitchen. "What is it?" Phil asked curiously.

"Alright, I'm just going to say it because it's been annoying to keep it bottled up." Chris started, looking nervous. Phil narrowed his eyes, a little nervous to find out what it was.

"Ok ..."

"I'm like extremely, embarrassingly and completely head over heels for PJ." He breathed out. Phil's eyes widened but he smiled at him.

"That's cute, are you going to tell him?" Phil asked hopefully, that way if PJ goes out with Chris then maybe Dan would want to spend more time with him again. 

"I'm thinking about it but I'm so fucking nervous." Chris rambled.

"Just tell him. If things don't go as planned then you still have your friendship, you guys are tight, nothing could break it." Phil explained wisely. Chris smiled.

"Thanks Phil ... now I'm just going to put this out there. Correct me if I'm wrong ... but are you in love with Dan? I'm only saying this because you've practically been drooling over him recently and seeking his approval." Chris smirked. 

Phil's jaw dropped open. "I do not seek his approval." Phil defended. Chris raised an eyebrow. "But ... maybe I like Dan too. I mean I only found out like a week and a bit ago when these feelings just started happening." Phil blushed.

"Aw Phil. I'm pretty sure Dan likes you back. He worships the ground you walk on, believe me it will work." Chris winked. 

~

"Alright, we'll make a reply later when we can break apart not so suspiciously. Maybe I can persuade them to do an errand or something. We just need to write something to make them think that the second Kira has fallen into their trap. That way they won't know that Kira and the second Kira has met. If they knew that then they'd start to panic and since you were already a suspect then they might look back into our case. It would be fairly obvious to notice that we had become closer since the announcement. Heck, I think even Chris and Phil have noticed we spend lots of time together. We need to be smart about this." PJ explained.

"I like the way you think Peej." Dan grinned.

"You humans are so interesting." Ryuk cackled. "Anyway, Dan can I have an apple?" He whined.

"No, Phil and Chris are in the house I won't risk it." Dan spoke sternly.

Ryuk grumbled under his breath, something about writing Dan's name in his notebook sooner than later. Dan knew he wouldn't though because he wanted to see the outcome of it all.

"Be careful PJ, these police are on to you two." Rem spoke up. If her voice wasn't monotone Dan could have swore he heard a bit of concern. Maybe Rem liked PJ more than she let on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's been a while :/

~HelloAnonymousWriter~