~ Chapter 04 ~

Chapter 04

Words: 1497

 "That was brilliant L." Tim exclaimed, looking impressed and giddy.

"I have to agree with Tim, but apart from what you've already found out ... have you found out anything else useful about Kira?" Mr Howell asked.

"Yes, I've been doing a lot of research and have come to see, as well as his first experiment, he has punished criminals who have only been shown in Police reports and data ... so I'm assuming that Kira has access to police information ..." The robotic voice replied.

"WHAT!?" Marcus, Mr Howell and Jack exclaimed.

"Are you saying that it could be one of us? The police force?" Mr Howell asked, angrily.

"No, and I think it's unlikely considering what we've found out. Kira is childish and doesn't like to lose ... he is like me in a way. These personality traits are going to be unlikely in the police force so I was basing my guesses more around the children of said police officers." 

Eyes widened and mouths dropped open in surprise around the room. "Y-you can't be serious?" Tim asked, bewildered.

"I am always serious ... Mr Hautekiet and Mr Howell-" There was a pause and for a minute the group of officers thought the connection had cut off. However L recovered, "You both have children do you not? Both sons?" L asked, recovering from the weird silence.

"Yes, I have a son in high school." Tim confirmed, looking angry.

"I have a son in university and a son just starting high school but my older one doesn't live with me anymore-"

"That is fine but ... I trust all six of you ... but I'm afraid we'd have to do 24 hour surveillance to watch our suspects-"

"WAIT A MINUTE!" Joe interrupted, looking beyond furious. "I've just about had it with you L! You are bossing us about, expecting us to follow your orders. He's says that he trusts us but honestly what reason do we have to trust him? These are the Chief's and Tim's children! How can we trust you when you're hiding your face? You talk about spying on these young people like it's nothing but I refuse to do that if I cannot fully trust you!" He argued.

"Look L, we've all chosen to risk our lives to bring Kira to justice, so I hope you understand what this means. We're really sticking our necks out here!" Marcus added.

"But you never have to show your face do you? You just give the orders. I don't see how you can expect us to work along side you under those conditions..." 

"... L if all of us are going to work together in this investigation and if you truly meant what you said about trusting the six of us. Could you come here so we could all meet in person?" Mr Howell asked.

There was a long pause.

"Very well."

Everyone's breath hitched. Jim, L's loyal companion, turned the screen towards the agents. On the screen, typed out, was a message from L.

Meet me at the Hilton London Green Park 
[inserts address] tonight at 5pm.
~ L

All eyes stared wide eyed at the screen. 

"He's actually going to reveal himself?" Tim questioned in shock.

~

"Away?" Dan frowned.

"It's only a week Dan. Mum wants me to come down and see the new place." Phil explained zipping up his suitcase.

"Don't leave me phiiiiiil." Dan moaned, leaning on Phil's door frame, pouting.