The Opposite of Negation - Nathan Wright

Title: The Opposite Of Negation

Genre: New Adult

Author:    anyayayaaa

Character Name: Nathan Wright

Nominated by: strawberrycries

About the story:

Aliana Palmer can't say no.

Aliana has a curse of always saying yes, no matter the price. So, during her junior year of college, when she has almost accepted that she is going to live with this, the unexpected happens.

Nathan Wright, the captain of the football team, has never had a girlfriend. Mainly because no one has managed to spark his interest. But the urgent need to have some cupcakes delivered makes him run to the bakery down the street one night.

When Nathan meets Aliana that eventful night, he has no idea that she's the burst of freshness he was yearning for all this time. On the other hand, she has no idea that the cure she had been searching for all these years was standing right in front of her eyes.

But when life gives Aliana and Nathan the answers to their woes at the same time, both of them are thrown on a rollercoaster none of them expected to ride.

With the help of a little deal and a whole lot of cupcakes, will the girl who always said yes finally learn how to say no?

This is a dual point of view book.

Hi. Nice to meet you. What should I call you? Do you prefer a nickname?

Well, mostly everyone calls me Nathan. But Aliana likes to call me Nay or Wright. So pick your poison.

Welcome Nathan and thanks for agreeing to talk to us today.

It's a pleasure. I usually don't do any sort of interviews but Eli almost forced me to do this one. So far, I'm really liking this. So thank you for having me.

My pleasure. Can I get you something to drink? Water? Soda? Coffee? Wine? Whiskey?

Could you maybe run down to The Bakery and grab a quick coffee for me? Ali will know my order. Is that too much? A normal coffee will also do.

I send someone right away.  While we wait, tell me a little about yourself?

As you already know, I'm Nathan Wright. I'm the quarterback and captain of ISU's football team. I'm currently in my junior year of college, majoring in Computer Science.

Where do you live?

In your heart. *smirks and winks at everyone*

Oh, it's going to be one of those interviews.  Nathan, do you have any jobs or hobbies?

I don't have a job as of yet. Hobbies... *trails off thinking and smiles*, does teaching someone how to say no count? And football of course. And working on various projects and making apps.

What are some of your likes and dislikes?

I really appreciate honesty. And cupcakes. I hate it when people take advantage of someone or play with someone's feelings. It just doesn't sit right with me.

I agree. What is your greatest fear?

It's probably losing my loved ones. My family and friends are my entire world so if anyone even dares to touch them, it's game over for that person.

Fair warning. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?

Nothing. I know my privileges. I know so many other people don't have it easy. I have a family who loves me, friends who threaten to kill me from time to time and a certain grasshopper who makes my life so much better already.

Are you happy we know your story?

You know my story? *stares eyes wide which turns into a teasing grin*. I'm super pumped actually.

I bet. Do you have siblings?

Maverick is my elder brother by 4 years. And he sure is a pain in the ass. We never really got along as kids and teenagers but now I think we're getting somewhere. I like to think that he's honest with me now.

Tell us about someone important to you?

If you would've asked me this a few months ago, I probably would've named a family member or Eli. Not that they aren't important now, but as soon as I heard this question, someone else popped up in front of my eyes. And really, if I have to tell you about her, we'll be here for a good few hours. I'll just say this instead, she has awoken something in me which I can't shake off. She's the spark in my life. That's all.

Maybe a little bit more - are you in love?

Not really. Not yet, is a better answer. I do have a certain someone in mind who probably can change that. You'll know soon ;)

Do you have a secret?

It's not a secret per say but I do have a confession to make. I'm really nervous for the wedding. This the first time I'm attending an Indian wedding and I'm shitting my pants. I'll be alright, right? *looks at Anya nervously* *Anya smirks and shrugs*

I think you'll do fine. Do you like to cook?

I actually do. My mom taught me how to cook pretty early on in life. She is of the firm opinion that cooking doesn't have a gender. I love cooking, Maverick doesn't. But he still knows how to.

Is there anything you want to say to your fans?

Can we not call them fans? I really don't think I have fans nor do I want to term anyone as a fan. I love everyone who loves me. It's because of them that I'm here today. Quite literally. I really do wanna know more about everyone.

You surprise me Nathan.  I like it. Can we look forward to reading more of your story?

Definitely. So many more things are coming. Grasshopper would also love to know that y'all exist! Thank you so much for loving us. WE LOVE YOU ALL.

I think that is a great place to end this interview.  Thanks you Nathan for popping by and chatting with me today. 

To read Nathan's story, click on the link in the comment here --->

Now it's your turn to ask Nathan.

Add your questions as an inline comment here. Don't forget to tag  anyayayaaa  so they can get the question to him. ---->