Light In You - Nia Umino

Title: Light In You

Genre: Fanfiction / Romance

Author: JanaeH

Character Name: Nia Umino

Nominated by: Mystic_Writer97

About the story:

She's the girl who can't seem to have others keep their eyes off her. Not cause she's attractive, but because she isn't.

She's the girl that's constantly teased and denied of any meaningful friendships. Not cause no one refuses to speak with her, but because they act fake or she drifts away from them.

The girl who's cynical and insecure yet sensitive to the core.

Nia Umino is the kunoichi whom is a master at taijutsu, a decent genjutsu user, but a complete amateur at ninjutsu. She's a strategist in glasses and is determined to find a certain Toad Sage sannin who'll help her in two different prospects of her life.

He's the boy whose been alone his whole life. Not cause he chose to, but because it was forced upon him.

He's the boy who was treated like a monster. Not cause of how he looked or act, but because of what's inside him.

The boy who's optimistic and confident yet stubborn to the core.

Naruto Uzumaki is the ninja whom is diligent in whatever he does, empathetic and kind to the unfortunate, but impulsive in battle. He is a knucklehead who never goes back on his word and is fixated on making the ninja world he lives in a better place for everyone.

Both are understanding individuals who wish for complete contentment and peace in their everyday lives. But what will happen when our broken heroine finds herself developing feelings for our kindhearted hero... who happens to be too infatuated with Sakura Haruno's physical beauty to make sense of Nia's growing attraction toward him?

Will Nia be able to grow on the ninja, or will Naruto leave her with a broken heart due to her appearance?

Hi there. Can I call you Nia?

Nia is fine.

Welcome and thanks for agreeing to talk to us today.

Hello, everyone. It's really nice to be here. I hope you're all doing well.

Can I get you something to drink? Water? Soda? Coffee? Wine? Whiskey?

Diet Mountain Dew would be fine, but get the one with zero sugar. I should really watch my sugar 😅

You got it. Tell me a little about yourself?

Well, to be honest. I don't really know what to say. Naruto always tells me that I'm really shy, but the truth is... I'm only that way with him cause I love him. He makes me really shy. However, I guess I'm in the process of learning to love myself. I've never really had good self esteem due to others bullying me for my appearance, but with Naruto's support, I'm sure I'll be able to love myself completely one day.