The Sister Zone - Oliver Morrison

Title: The Sister Zone

Genre: Romance / Humour

Author: ChristinaAnnRiley

Character Name: Oliver Morrison

Nominated by:  GalaRu57

About the story:

Vanessa Hayes-Wong has been best friends with Oliver Morrison for five years, one month, and fourteen days. Just as she starts to realize her feelings for him, he gives her the worst Christmas gift she could've ever received.

A mug that says World's Greatest Little Sister.

Desperate to get out of the sister zone, Vanessa enlists the help of her fashion-stylist cousin, Sophia Wilde, and the most positive self-help guru in the universe, Mackenzie Goode. Of course, nothing goes as planned and the mismatched duo seems to bring more harm than good to her.

But who knows? With their help, she might stand a chance to get out of the sister zone.

What should I call you? Do you prefer a nickname?

Oliver: Hi. You can call me Oliv—

Vanessa: Ollie. You can call him Ollie. Or better yet, Mr. Dumpy!

Oliver: Jesus, Ness! You said you'd be as quiet as a statue!

Vanessa: (shrugs unapologetically) Sorry not sorry.

Oliver: (sighs) My annoying best friend right here calls me Ollie—or Mr. Dumpy sometimes. But I hate that nickname. Seriously, if I catch someone calling me by that name I might actually beat the living s—

Vanessa: Language, Ol!

Oliver: (sighs) Sorry about that. She insisted on tagging along with me today for the free food and drinks.

And to answer your question, Oliver is just fine.

O...k. Oliver it is. Welcome to you both and thanks Oliver for agreeing to talk to us today. (Wink wink)

Oliver: The pleasure's all mine.

Before we start, can I get you something to drink? Water? Soda? Coffee? Wine? Whiskey?

Oliver: Oh! A bottle of Macallan would be perf—

Vanessa: (punches Oliver's arm) Oliver Morrison, be nice!

Oliver: (grunts) Any kind of scotch would do just fine, thanks.

Vanessa: (smiles apologetically to the interviewer) Sorry. This miser just likes to take advantage of kind people like you. That's why I'm babysitting him today. Don't worry. I'll keep my mouth shut the whole time.