The Invitation - Jewel Carmichael

Title: The Invitation

Genre: Thriller

Author: Ahyoka4bs  

Nominated by:Character Name: Jewel Carmichael

About the story:

Overworked and her personal life spiraling out of control; Jewel finds her relationships are falling apart. She needs to escape the drama. Winning a two-week vacation to Lake Ashford, she can't wait to get away from everyone and everything wrong in her life.

Arriving at Lake Ashford, Jewel has everything she had been longing for: a fresh start to a simple life and a chance to move on from broken relationships. Her peaceful vacation turns into a nightmare when bodies start turning up, and she must fight for her life. Could someone Jewel knows want her dead? Can she find out who before they succeed?

Hi There. What should I call you? Do you prefer a nickname?

You can call me Jewel. My best friend, Lindy, calls me Jewels.

Welcome Jewel, and thanks for agreeing to talk to us today.

I am glad to be here. Thanks for having me.

Can I get you something to drink? Water? Soda? Coffee? Wine? Whiskey?

I'd love a tall glass of sweet tea with lemon if you have it.

Absolutely. While we wait, can you tell me a little about yourself?

I am a loyal friend and a workaholic in need of a vacation.

Where do you live?

I have an apartment in the city.

Do you have any jobs or hobbies?

I do have a job; I am an assistant manager at Pizza Island. My hobbies, when I can find free time, are drawing, reading, and swimming.

Reading is the best! What are some of your likes and dislikes?

I dislike lazy people who take credit for other people's work. My boss Jeffrey takes the credit for my hard work all the time.

I like colleagues who work hard, people who are faithful friends, and nature.

What is your greatest fear?

Losing someone close to me is my greatest fear.

If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?

If I could change one thing in my life, it would be to pay better attention to my instincts and not be afraid to confront my friends when something is out of character.

Oh, you could give me few pointers if you learn that skill. Are you happy we know your story?

I am happy you know my story; I hope it encourages you to love and enjoy the presence of those you care about, especially if they care about you.

Great advice. Who's your favorite person in the world?

My favorite person in the whole world is Danny. I love seeing his smiling face every morning. He brightens my days and fills my life with joy.

Do you have an archnemesis?

My archnemesis is Doria, Danny's mother.

Hmmm, that must be difficult. Are you married?

I am not married. I am happily single.

Do you like to cook?

I love to cook, but after a long work shift at Pizza Island, I am too exhausted to prepare another meal.

If you could cure one disease, which would it be?

What a difficult decision to make; I am torn between curing cancer and mental health.

If I could cure a disease, it would be cancer, all forms of it. It's a terrible disease that wrecks and destroys millions of lives, families, and relationships each year.

So true. Is there anything you want to say to your fans?

To my fans, I think you for your love and support. It has been an adventure.

Can we look forward to reading more of your story?

Someone requested that I share my story's continuance, but I'm not sure if I am ready to do that yet. I am thinking about it.

I think that would be fun. Thanks Jewel for talking with me today. I hope you come back for another chat soon.

Thank you for taking the time to interview me. It has been fun going through your questions and answering them. Many thanks to our readers and best wishes to you with your writing.

To read Jewel's story, click on the link in the comment here --->

Now it's your turn to ask Jewel.

Add your questions as an inline comment here. Don't forget to tag Ahyoka4bs  so they can get the question to her. ---->