Part 41-All Roses Aren't Red.

Depuis le début

"Alright, I assume that's all?" He asked, jerking her out of her sea of thoughts, and she nodded.

Damn girl, you do not do that here now! Not anymore! She cursed, chastising herself for how she zoomed off on her environment again.

This isn't Regal Corp where the boss swims in your black pussy and let's you swim in the grace of familiarity!

"...y-yeah *Clears throat* that's all you have today" she straightened voluntarily, but tensed when she noticed his curious gaze on her. "M-may I go now?" she questioned, as she made an effort to brush away the awkward silence that was already brewing in the atmosphere above them.

"You may" he waved her off, only to call her back in her tracks when she had almost reached for the door knob.

Turning back to look at him, her eyes screeched at the sight of the look his face held-something about it didn't sit well with her. It felt familiar-disturbingly familiar, the way he stared.

Like a predator marking its prey, like a detective observing the body language of a crime suspect-it felt dangerous, and made her body cringe and quaver with goose bumps. She remembered-her mind instinctively flying back to the day they had first met each other.

"...Miss Coleman, Mr. Richards will now see you..." the office attendant announced to her in the waiting room, where she had spent the last one hour nursing and nestling her doubts and hope.

Garnering her files and necessities together, she clung onto them and held them tightly against her chest, as she followed the plump-looking brunette to the destined room.

"He already awaits you, so you only need walk in" the tall smiley warmth-filled woman informed, in a sweet voice that had Maldives ogling at her sweet-sounding British accent.

After thanking the lady, she took a much-needed deep breath as she tread carefully into her lion's den.

"Good morning sir..." she mouthed to a man, who had his back turned back at her as he was on a call.

"Just a moment..." he mumbled briefly, his head barely turning back fully to take in the complete view of her. She nodded in understanding-not sure he had even heard her response, but thanked the Spirits for the 'pause-excuse' as it afforded her some little time to absorb the environment and shed off the remainder of nervousness her body still housed.

She glanced around the office, taking in the full view of its architectural designs and layouts.

Wow...big money gang huh... she muttered inside of her, while her mind almost immediately traveled back to the sight of Fai's office back at Regal Corp.

She noticed that although this wasn't nearly as large and spacious as his, it did bear some similarities.

For one, they both screamed moneyyyy!!! As in hella moneeeyyy, the kind that was only available to you if you dealt with six figures, or you drove around in sports cars.

She also noticed how pristinely squeaky-clean the floors and surfaces were, no doubt, if the entire world were like this, typhoid and cholera wouldn't be words in the health journal.

It seemed to her that her boss to be had a knack for the color brown. Unlike the glass-themed room of Fai, this one was filled with all shades brown. 'Brown walls, brown paintings, brown mahogany, brown wallclock-yeah, man really likes his earthly pigment'.

"...alright, yeah, bye" he finally concluded on the phone before turning back to glance at his visitor.

Pausing a while, his thumb and index flew to his chin, while he slowly caressed his thick beards.