The Escape Attempt

Of course, of course, Erica and Zoe also had to be kidnapped along with us.

I like to think of SPYDER being a perfectionist. If they didn't cause the perfect plan to happen, then they considered themselves to be a failed company. And even though my bro Ben already made their plans fail one time after another, they still managed to keep going.

At least, until today.

The gang had come up with a plan. A plan that, if done correctly, would destroy SPYDER at least for a few months.

How did we formulate this so quickly? Well, it was simple: morse code.

After being thrown into a tiny reclusive room with socks and duct tape stuffed on and into our mouths, preventing us from communicating, our languages and communications classes finally came into play. Morse code just happened to be a required language, and, luckily, we had all aced it.

So we began communicating in the least expected way possible: tapping away and trying not to interrupt each other's messages. At one point, it just started sounding like raindrops pattering against the surface of a roof, which made one of the guards around the border take an interested look at the sky.

The most awkward thing was when a SPYDER henchmen walked into our conversation.

Just imagine this: you are an innocent, well-being person, and you walk into a room to find a group of kids just staring off into space and randomly tapping walls into weird rhythms.

Yeah, he got scared off real quick.

Okay, let me just get to the point: our plan was unbeatable. And that was a fact, since Erica came up with it along with the help from Ben and the rest of us. The IQ of all of that added up together was somewhere extremely high- and Ben and Erica were the life jackets carrying us afloat.

So here's the gist of the plan.

First of all, the bodyguards gave us a bathroom break every hour. This was generous of SPYDER to do, though it was mostly probably because they didn't want us going number two on their fine velvet carpet.

So this was we would do: since water weakens duct tape, we walk to the bathroom, splashour faces with the water until the duct tape weakens, and try to force it off with our mouths. We were handcuffed, so we couldn't use our hands during this situation, but as you all know, Erica was the master at cracking handcuff locks.

All she needed was a tiny wire- which could be found easily in the bathroom by lifting up the ceiling tiles and quickly grabbing a wire away. The only hard part was grabbing it, but using our duct tape, we could probably manage to use the stick and tug it off.

After getting the wire, Erica would hide it in the least expected place possible, which was her mouth. This was because the bodyguards gave an hourly scan to see if we had any weapons of any kind, but they wouldn't look in our mouths, only our body.

After this, Erica would spit out the wire, quickly pick all of our locks, basically giving us a few pairs of extra weapons that we could use in a situation of hand-to-hand combat. In this case, our weapons were our hands.

Erica would then proceed to pick the door lock, unbeknownst to the guards outside the door. After this, we would slam the door open, hitting the guards with the doorframe and rendering them unconcious.

After this, the alarms would probably turn on, meaning we would have to start our mad dash, though it would be easier said than done. Erica had an idea of lifting the guard's bodies as a human shield, but I didn't want the enemy agents raining bullets down on unsuspecting bodies, even if the bodies weren't of people who were exactly angels.

So we would just run for it. Run like hell, as they would say.

Okay. So, the plan began exactly at 5:34 PM on the dot. Erica got a chance to use the bathroom, and it was her first use since three hours. She didn't have to fake the urge to go as the bodyguards whisked her out of the room.

I didn't know what happened in the girl's bathroom for the next thirty minutes, but I didn't want to know either. It would be the most disturbing image if I got to see Erica's private business- though in this case, most of the 'business' was picking her lock and making sure we would return home alive.

After a breathtaking while of a wait, Erica arrived back into the room with a push from the guards. She fell to the floor, clearly eager to finally get some rest, and turned around...

....revealing that she didn't have any handcuffs on.

I didn't know how she had managed to fake this act to the guards, but however she did it, she had succeeded. Erica's two hands were now back in business, which basically meant we won.

It didn't take long for her to quickly pick the locks of all our handcuffs. Soon, my hands were free to roam, in a perfect condition if you ignored the scars that the handcuffs had left. They were going to be there to stay for the next few days, though I could pretty much care less about this since fighting was probably going to fo something worse to my hands.

Even though we were prone to be caught, we decided just to go with the plan. After making sure teh guards were out cold from the door slam, we ran like hell, as said before. Alarms rang all around the whole building, though nobody really seemed surprised. Maybe these break-outs were common, seeing the reactions.

We managed to at least pass a a few corridors without being spotted, though, during our fifth turn, a small child about the age of seven stumbled upon us.

"Who are you?" he said, looking up on us in a dreamily way.

"Hi!" Erica said, once again slipping out of her cold personality. "I'm Sasha! Would you like to get a free visit to Disney World?"

"Yeah!" the seven-year old kid exclaimed. Clearly, he had been put under Erica's hypnotizing spell of glee. Eyes shining, he quickly led us to the exit and looked back at Erica.

"What transport will we use?" he said eagerly, jumping up and down.

"Dream transportation," Erica said gently. "I'll transport you to your dreams."

With this, she knocked him out cold with a quick fist to the head.

"That was certainly very cold," I said to Erica, raising my eyebrow. "Did you mean that on purpose?"

"Clearly, he's been put under SPYDER's spell of richness and greed," Cly said. "A quick knock to the head won't do anything but cleanse him of his dirty mind."

"He's been brainwashed," James agreed. "He deserves it."

"Just like you peeps deserve a good knock to the head," a voice suddenly said from the end of the hallway, along with the familiar click of a gun.

I turned my head at the speed of light, looking back from the way we had came from. There stood Joshua, Jonas, and a gang of men, but this time, Dane stood with them. Even though we had managed to beat them last time without Zoe, Dane was surely going to take a lot of strength to kill.

"You again?" Erica said exasperatedly. "I swear to god, why are you guys never going to let us get a quick escape?"

"It's called a hustle, hon," Jonas said, winking. Erica winced and looked away before she could make any awkward eye contact.

Despite the fact that we could've easily just ran, despite the fact that we obviously wouldn't be able to win this battle, and despite the fact that there were a giant pile of explosives prepared to light up this place any minute,

....with the cock of a gun, the familiar growl from Erica, and the eye narrow from Jonas, the final battle began.