The kidnapping

I don't know how they did it.

One second I was sleeping with Ben at night, the next an intruder had beaten the sand out of me.

I had never lost a fight. Never. Even when I was one and a bulldog challenged me to a 1-v-1 on the front lawn. It wasn't long before I had wrung his neck and left him panting on the sidewalk beside the grass. And the bulldog had been known to injure teenagers. 

So how, how was there someone better than me at fighting?

I know it was probably possible, but considering was the top-of-the-top, the cream of the crop, and the one and only Erica, it just didn't seem possible in my mind.

The fight went briefly like this: I sensed the intruder's presence in the room after catching a light and unusual scent with my nose, immediately sprung off the bed and launched into a flurry of kicks.

The fighting came easy to me. And apparently, it did too to this intruder.

The first kicks were blocked with his hands. The second kick, the intruder caught in midair. He grabbed my leg and flung it to the left, an old-fashioned move, and I quickly rebalanced myself. But during these precious moments of time, the intruder had already started punching me in my spleen. I fell backwards and crashed onto the window, breaking it into pieces.

I was surprised that Ben hadn't woken up on that- and I have to admit, I did have a nagging feeling wanting him to wake up. Having him awake in the presence of a fight didn't really get me by offensive advantage, but still was heartwarming in a way.

The intruder kicked me down to the ground, then started punching me as hard as he could. I wasn't very used to this situation, since, in most fights, the enemy didn't even manage to lay a hand on me before they were on the ground. So I did the trademark Ben move: I curled into a ball and hoped that I didn't get knocked unconscious before something bad happened.

Ben still didn't wake up. 

And before I knew it, the intruder had rendered me unconscious. And, to my guessing, he probably ran over to Zoe's room and grabbed her on the way. Since he destroyed me, then she wouldn't be much of a fight.

Then he ran away from the building, managing to avoid all security cameras and guards- while holding two human bodies. I had to admit- this was impressive, but what was more impressive was...yes, I'm about to admit this- his looks.

After waking up in a daze, I had quickly adjusted my senses to my surroundings. Without even opening my eyes, I had realized that I was in a black SUV- speeding at exactly forty-five miles per hour on a highway with no taillights on. Don't ask me how I did this. I just do what I do.

I opened my eyes, glanced at the front seat, and my breath immediately blew away.

There was a boy in the front seat, holding an AK-47. He looked about my age, and he was the most handsome person I had ever seen in my entire life.

Yes, of course, I had completely tried to avoid this fact, but his perfectly chiseled face just seemed to drag my eyes away from the surroundings. I couldn't focus on anything- anything, except for of course his face.

The driver was less appealing- about a forty-year-old man, wearing sunglasses, and looking a lot like Dwayne Johnson. I probably could've easily beaten him in a fight, so I immediately knew that the boy was the intruder.

The two people were speaking German, which I understood. In fact, I knew thirteen languages- each I was fluent in and could speak perfectly.

The boy's name was Jonas- a classic german name. The older man's name was Tobias, which, in my opinion, fit him.

The boy was talking about the least unusual topic that I had thought of in my brain- America basketball. He was raving about the Lakers, something about how they were too stacked with two all-stars. I couldn't care less- at least until he mentioned me.

Yeah, yeah. I know. Relationships mess up spying. But this boy- he seemed so similar, so perfect for m-

Stop it! I chided myself. Relationships. Aren't. For. Me!

The boy was nicknaming me "beautiful girl," which, I admit, did make me blush. But I couldn't blame myself.

I had people to think of, people other than Jonas. People like Ben, grandad, mom, and dad.