Erica's disappearance

My eyes fell on the impossible scene.

Erica Hale. Outsmarted. The two words didn't belong in the same sentence.

Until now.

Erica's bed had been ruffled, though now that I saw, from the point of view where I had been sleeping, it looked just as normal as it should've been.

The intruder had left a stack of wood under the blankets, to make it look as if Erica had crawled under the sheets and slept there. But now that I had seen, the 'assassin' had left Erica's bed unscathed and in perfectly good condition- at least from my point of view.

But when I took a look from the other side of the bed, and the open window, I realized that the only reason birds were chirping was because of the broken glass, letting the outside sound effects leak through.

But if the window was broken, then how did I not hear it?

Touching my ears, I realized why I had taken so little sound during the night. The intruder probably stuck some kind of cotton inside my ears to blot the sound out.

But still... he would only do that if he was inside the dorm. Smashing the window was to get inside the dorm, which meant he couldn't of have stuffed the cotton in my ears before the window smash.

Or was the window smash to get out of the dorm?

Examining the crime scene, I noticed that the majority of the shards had ended up on the outer lawn of the MI6 headquarters. The pieces were littered on the perfectly cut grass lawn, and two big sinks in the grass outlined footprints of where the impact of the robber onto the lawn had happened.

This meant the window had been broken from the inside, which made the grass shards fall towards the outside of the window. Also, if the robber had scaled the walls, he would've left footprints towards the building.

Just my detective skills at work.

So from my guessing, the robber had somehow sneaked inside the building from somewhere other than the window, blot out my ears, beaten Erica at a fight, put a stack of wood under the blankets, and adjusted it at a perfect angle so I wouldn't of have suspected anything, managed to carry Erica out of the building and breaking the window while he was escaping.

Other than the fact that he had somehow beaten Erica in a fight, everything else seemed neatly planned- except for one little thing I couldn't wrap my mind around.

Why hadn't he gone through his first route into the room as an escape route? It would've been much more silent, seeing that I didn't hear him come in, and would not have left footprints, a broken window, and shattered glass- in which all three were key evidence.

My mind narrowed it down to two likely scenarios- the first one being he couldn't fit Erica and him through the original passageway, resulting in a window break, and the second one being he was in a hurry to get out of the building, so he broke the window in a desperate move.

But why would he be in a hurry? If he was, that would've meant someone had seen him in the act. But if someone had caught him in the act, they would've already reported the crime to the MI6, in which they would've broken into my room shortly after and kicked me out to gather evidence.

But they didn't.

Then why had the robber broken the window?

I shook my head. This much thinking was too much for my early-morning brain. Like my breath, it was horrible after I wake up each day.

So I changed, headed over to Zoe's room, 

...and found an empty bed.

 That explained it. If the kidnapper had taken Erica and Zoe, then he obviously hadn't had space for both of them in his original way into the building- unless it was big enough, but someone had caught him in the act.

But who was the kidnapper?

And who caught him in the act?

READ THE NEXT PART TO FIND OUT!

*cue outro music*

lol I was bored :\