Chain Reaction - Part 2

Cly quickly spotted the third bodyguard creeping towards us from behind. He spun around, eyes gleaming, and took in the scene. There were two guards coming at us- both heavily armed- and they looked like they were ready to kill.

The first bodyguard smiled. "Get ready to get wiped with the floor, fools," he growled menacingly.

"Not on my watch," Cly said, growling right back and stomping his foot.

Suddenly, the air turned cold around me. Cly smiled, turning his head at such an angle so that I could see the gleam in his eyes. I swear they turned evil and red as he laughed- which just made me back away from him even more.

My blood starting pumping at an unnaturally fast rate, and I could feel the aura of fear radiating from Cly's body, urging me to run away from him as fast as I possibly could. But I didn't, since the bodyguards seemed to be feeling the same way.

They faltered in their step, backtracking. Cly took this as the perfect moment of weakness, pouncing in between them and pulling each of their feet forward.

The two burly dudes fell to the ground, heads hitting the hard floor as Cly stood up from behind them. Avoiding a badly-aimed punch, Cly stepped back as the two bodyguards stepped up once again.

"You will pay for that!" The left one seethed, throwing another missed punch.

"Oh, no I won't," Cly said, evil undertones ringing through his throat. "I won't pay in this situation, I'll play. And you two will be the toys."

With this, Cly ran directly towards the two bodyguards, keeping his movie-worthy quote promise of playing with them. Sliding in between their legs, Cly punched each of them in the least pleasurable spot possible, causing both of them to fall onto the ground once again.

Watching as both of their knees buckled, Cly kicked each one of them under a row of seats, running over to the button that I had found earlier and slamming his fist onto it. The seats retracted, crushing both bodyguards with a sickening crunch.

Really, Cly? Use my trademark final move to finish off the other two bodyguards? Not cool. I made a mental not to file a copyright claim on these cliché movements before I released them to the public.

Meanwhile, there was yet another thought bouncing around my head aimlessly. How the heck had Cly managed to do that fear-radiate-from-my-body thingy? And where the heck did he get those amazing fighting skills?

"Dude, what was that burst of fear you did earlier?" I asked him. "It was pretty cool- and handy, if you ask me. Can you teach me how to do it?"

Cly shook his head and waved off my groan in complaint. "Sorry, dude. All I can say is that I learned a few things from Erica back when we were kids."

"Erica taught you how to radiate fear when you were seven years old? Dang, son."

I adjusted my view over to the other two fights that were raging on: Joshua x Erica and Jonas x James. Another way to stay it, the broken couple and the hate-stricken brothers.

I wanted to help Erica, but it looked as if James was struggling against his brother in a worse way. Too many of Jonas's unneeded punches were starting to connect, and I could feel James getting weaker by the second.

Still, when I ran over and tried to offer my help, James waved me away.

"He's mine," he hissed in a way that made me want to back away, in which that's exactly what I did. "I don't need help! Jonas will pay!"

Well, that was the wrong thing to say in this situation, since two seconds later, Jonas landed a nasty kick in the stomach, sending James rattling onto the floor behind him.