The news of the Kidnapping

--- Agent Benjamin Ripley POV, Spy School Academy Training Facility ---

"Your two friends have been kidnapped."

I stopped in my tracks, dropping the platter of baked beans I had been holding. It crashed to the floor, sending a wave of cascading goods splattering to the table to my right.

"What? Again!?" I said, looking at his phone once again. I tried to ignore the stain of beans on my pants and the glares from the residents of the table where the beans had splattered.

The message was from an anonymous number, and it was eery in a way because I didn't know who it was from. But most likely it was SPYDER- since I had recently heard the news that Jayden and Trixie had been taken away. It was pretty obvious that SPYDER would grab up my other friends next.

I read it over and over again, making sure I wasn't hallucinating. I wasn't.

Suddenly, a little bubble appeared with flashing dots. This meant the person on the other end was once again typing up another message, probably something even worse. I didn't want to look at it when it was done, but I couldn't help myself but take a peek.

After a suspenseful 5 seconds, the message came through with a tiny ringtone.

My eyes scanned it as the realization dawned on me.

"Erica and Zoe are under our hold. Pay our ransom, or they will die. Jayden and Trixie are also here at our headquarters, though they won't be killed- yet."