Chapter 6

Hailey's P.O.V

Our lips were inches apart, to where I could feel his breath fanning on my face.

"Guys!" Violet yells, entering the woods. Daryl and I jump back, him hitting his head on a low branch.

"Damnit!" He curses, rubbing his head. I smirk and turn to her, she just looks at both of us for a second and shrugs it off.

"Rick wants us." She tells us walks off and we look at each other.

"That never happened." I growl, and he nods, as I stalk off trying to push the weird feeling away.

Had we really just almost kissed? I pushed the though out of my head as my eyes met the scene before me. Everyone stood in a circle around Luke and Trent having a heated argument. If Luke hadn't been chained up and sitting on the ground, I'm sure someone would be throwing punches.

I pushed my way through the small crowd to see all the drama. Trent had been calm, unlike me and Violet, since he say Luke got here. Now he looked bout ready to kill him.

"Tell her!!!" Trent yelled at the fuming Luke.

"I don't know what your talking about." Luke starred at the ground, trying to hide his face for everyone's starring eyes. I caught him take a quick look somewhere behind Trent. I followed where his gaze had been and saw in front of everyone else was Violet, looking confused and angry at the same time.

" You know damn well what talking about! Tell Violet. NOW!!" Trent yells once again. Luke gives a small sigh.

"Alright." He began slowly. "I'll tell her."

What the hell is happening!!!!!!

Trent turned around looking victorious and pulled Violet, who looked just as confused as I felt, away from the crowd and in front of Luke.

"Hey! Get her away from h-" I tried protesting my sister being close to that freak, but Daryl held me back and motioned for me to be quiet.

Luke looked up from the ground into her eyes, and opened his mouth to speak.

Violet's P.O.V

I starred at my brother as he took my hands and pulled my in front of Luke.

He slowly looked away from the ground into my eyes. He looked terrible from Hailey's beating, but I️ could still see his eyes were filled with an emotion I couldn't read. He opened his mouth to speak.

"Violet." He began. " I am soooo sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you, or your brother and sister." He was having a hard time trying to decide how to word what he was about to say. I continued starring at him as I let him speak.

"I worked for the governor, you know that, and he......and he.......he-"

"He what?" I tried to sound strong but my voice cracked.

"He wanted me to kill you" there was a murmur of cursing coming from the crowd, probably Hailey. I was getting annoyed. I wanted him to tell me his story without stopping.

"Just tell me!"I️ exclaim. He nodded his head and continued, but Trent cut him off and continued for him.

"And I was there the night he tried to do it. The night he left us to be feed to the walkers. I was going to your tent,Violet, and I saw him, standing there with a knife in his hand, hovering over you while you were asleep. I stood there and watched from a distance, not sure what to do. But he didn't move, just stood there, looking at your face while you slept. All of a sudden, he threw the knife to the ground and said, and I quote, 'Violet, I have been ordered to kill you by the governor, and I can't' and that's when the walkers came. He thought it was the governors army coming to kill us. He gave you a kiss, said he loved you, and ran." Trent finished his story and looked around at the dead silent crowd.

I turned back to Luke and sat down right in front of him, put my hands on his shoulders, and asked in barely a whisper, "Is it true?".

He looked into my eyes with an emotion I hadn't seen in a long time: love.

"Yes."

He grabbed the back of my head with one head and pulled me into him with the other, into a despite kiss.

I was struck by the sudden move. I felt sparks from our connection, and began to kiss back.

The kiss became sweet. He hungrily kissed my lips. I could tell he had wanted to do this for a long time. There was no air between us, but I wanted him closer.

I let all my feeling out in that kiss. All the fear, confusion, and hatred towards him I let go. It was only me and him in the world. No one else.
--------
Hailey's P.O.V

What the hell is happening?!

Right here! Right in front of my face, the guy i HATE is practically making out with my sister! He wasn't trying to hurt us. He didn't mean to break her heart.

I look down at my bruised up in the process of healing, knuckles. They started to shake, and i turned on my heel and ran off. I heard heavy footsteps behind me, which were probably Daryl's or Trent's.

"Hail's! Wait up!" Daryl yells and stop as he steps in front of me. "You a'right?" He asks me clearly concerned, which was weird coming from him. I shake my head.

"No. No I am not fine. I beat the shit out of a guy who did nothing wrong! We tortured him with work! And the worst part is... i dont even think i feel guilty..." i look down and he lifts my chin up.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that." Daryl says. I just stand there, staring at his handsome features. He gets closer and our lips connected...