Chapter 5

Wrote this with the help of my wonderful bestie musicalviolet !
-------

Violet's P.O.V

I walked out of the house into the yard. The air outside was sweltering, not my idea of a perfect day.

I looked across the field where Luke was busy at work, like he had been since he arrived at our camp. I refused to talk to him the entire time, except when Hailey tried another failing attempt to kill him. She was ether stopped by Trent or Daryl.

Sweat pored off his face as he continued working on repairing the barn from were we had shot all the walkers that Herschel had captured and stored them up in there.

Kinda weird if you ask me. Well he's old and probably had hope, can't really blame him because that was once me. A hopeful girl that thought, maybe, just maybe one day this would all end... I was foolish. Hailey helped me see this life for how it really is.

Today I decide to confront him, but I would wait until the sun had started to go down and we had chained him up again.

I waited around, doing whatever I could until Rick chained him up for the night.

I walked up confident, with my chin up and back straight. He looked kinda surprised to see me coming towards him, but he soon smirked as I approached.

"Evening Violet, are you going to tell them to stop torturing me all day, or am I gonna continue to be a slave?" He asked. Ugh I hate him so much.

I just glared at him, stopping a few feet away from where if he tried attacking me the chains would hold him back.

He scoffed and looked at the ground with that ridiculous smirk of his.

"Fine, giving me the silent treatment then, huh? Alright, well, I guess if your not going to say anything, you can leave me in peace, this is the only break I get all day, and I don't want it wasted by a little, helpless girl who does even have parents who love her!" He exclaims at me.  My heart sinks in my chest, but that sadness turns into anger.

That was it, time for me to let out all my rage. But at that point Hailey started running up.

"Violet! What have I told you? Don't talk to him!" She tells me, glaring at him. "Rick told me to move him to the shed, so go on to the tent. I'm on watch tonight." She escorts me away, but I watched as she whispered something to him, making his face go pale. She then unchains him and walks him to the shed where the door slams shut behind her.

I look over my shoulder at the shed. I heard vicious yelling and shouts of pain as I walk towards the house, followed by loud thumps against the shed wall.

-------
Next Morning- Daryl's P.O.V

I walk out of my tent and walk up to Hailey who has split knuckles.

"What did ya do?" I asked motioning to her knuckles. She shrugs.

"Beat the shit out of Luke." She tells me nonchalantly. I choke on a laugh and she smirks at me.

"You didn't kill 'im did ya?" I asked her, and she shakes her head.

"I wish, but nah" She says back that smirk playing on her full lips.

I let it outa laugh as Rick leads Luke out of the shed, his face and limbs bruised with a black eye. His face is almost unrecognizable.

"He looks like he's a walker now! How's Violet gonna take it?" I whisper shout to her.

She shrugged again. "Dunno, probably happy and mad at the same time. We'll just wait and see." She motions her arm towards the house where Violet has just emerged.

"What happened?!" She asks as she walks over. Hailey looks away, walking over behind me and I smirk.

"Ya sister beat the shit outta him." I state simply, and nod over to Hailey trying at act like nothing happened.

Like Hailey had predicted, she seemed both enraged and overly joyed.

"What where you thinking?! You can't just beat the crap out of someone like its no big deal! Even though he did deserve it." She adds thoughtfully. She does a quick paced jog up to where Luke has been put back to work on the barn, and punches him square in the jaw, knocking him out cold, a walks briskly back over to us.

By now, Hailey's dying of laughter and is leaning on me for support.

"I... Can't... even..." she exclaims, gasping for air. I chuckle, and Violet smirks. "Ok ok. I'm good. Nice one. I taught you well." She says, nodding in approval.

------------

****Three Weeks Later*****

Hailey and I have gotten a little closer, and haven't been at each others throats. I have finally admitted to myself that I like her, but I'm not sure if she feels the same way...

"Hey Daryl" speak of the devil and she shall appear. Well more like soft eyed devil. The way she looks at you can make you melt, but when she is actually mean as hell.

"Hey Hails", I say using her nickname i gave her.

"We going hunting today?" She askes, shifting her bow on her back. I nod.

"Yeah, wanna go now?" I ask and she shrugs.

Halfway into the hunt, I said something to her, making her laugh, and I smirk, slinging my arm over her shoulders. She looks at me and I look back at her.

She leans in... as do I...
--------
Cliffhanger!!! Hee hee i will update soon!!

~Katdixon6