Chapter 3

Our handsome Trent above^^^

Hai my lovelies!!! I hope you like this chapter! Go follow my bestie musicalviolet!

Anywayyy. Hope you like this chapter!!!
----------

Hailey's P.O.V

It's been about a week. Rick gave us our weapons back so i am going to explore some. I walk out of the house in a gray and white plaid, button up shirt, ripped jeans and my combat boots. I am looking down at the ground, when I run into something hard. I stumble back and brace for a fall when i feel strong hands catch my waist. I open my hazel-green eyes to be met with icy blue ones. After a moment he smirked.

"Ya better watch where yer goin' sunshine." He tells me in a deep southern drawl. I glare at him and shove his hands off my waist and standing to my full height. Which is a head shorter than him. He glares at me and mutters some stuff, walking off. I walk over to Rick and he smiles at me.

"What can I help you with Hailey?" He asks. I nod to him.

"I want to know what i can do to pull my own weight around here." He nods.

"Well what can you do?" He says leaning against the truck. I think for a second.

"Well I'm very good with my bow. I can use pretty much any weapon. I can hunt, go on runs," i list off and he chuckles.

"Ok Daryl is going hunting. You can go with him." I plaster a fake smile and nod, turning around and dropping it.

"Thats just great" i mutter to myself, walking off.
----------

Daryl's P.O.V

I watch her walk away from Rick, not looking happy. I smirk and she goes into the house, coming out with Trenton and Violet. She talks to them and violet starts laughing. Hailey shoves her and she shoves back. Trenton breaks it up saying some stuff and then Hailey looks over at me. i just smirk and nod at her. She rolls her eyes and walks over to me.

"Ya come back to apologize for earlier?" I ask her. She scoffs.

"You wish. Listen. Rick told me I had to go hunting with you-" i cut her off.

"Hell naw! I hunt alone." I stalk over to Rick. He looks up.

"You told her to go huntin' with me?!" I exclaim to him and he nods.

"Yeah. She said she could hunt. She is going with you." He tells me sternly. I let out a frustrated sigh and walk back over to an amused looking Hailey.

"Told you so." She says smirking. I glare at her.

"Let's get one thang straight. You listen to me. When i tell you to shut up. Ya shut up. Got it?" I say pointing my finger at her. She glares and shoves my finger down.

"You point that finger at me again. You'll loose it." She growls, which was pretty hot.

Wait what?? No no no. Daryl Dixon don't like no one. Pull yourself together.

She walks off, her hips swaying, catching me off guard. I mentally slap myself and follow her.

Hailey's P.O.V

He followed behind me and I could feel his stare.

"Take a picture. It will last longer. You should be looking for game. Not at me." I mumble. He grunts and I see a squirrel. I raise my bow and before I could fire, a bolt is already in it.

"Hey! That was my catch! I saw it first!" I growl at him and he walks over and grabs it. As I continue walking.
---------

After a few hours of hunting, we return with a deer, six squirrel, and 2 rabbits. I sit down and start skinning. Daryl plops down next to me and does the same. We finish and I stand up, he grabs my arm and I turn to him.

"What." I say sharply. He look down then back up.

"Your different. You not like other girls. Who are you?" He asks. I glare at him and rip my arm from his grasp.

"Your worst nightmare." I growl at him and stalk off. I could hear him chuckling.

Maybe he is like me. Maybe he knows what I've been through. Maybe...