Chapter 9

Hey yoooooo! I'm back... again! I can't wait to see how the rest of this book comes along, I hope you are enjoying it so far! As I have said in the previous Authors note, I am skipping ahead to the fourth season of The Walking Dead. I know y'all have questions.

1. No Daryl and Hailey are NOT together.... YET. But they are closer. They flirt and argue but I assure you, their time is coming...

2. No one has died... YET

3. Well there is no three...

Glad we had this talk. And now,
ENJOY!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daryl's POV

"Hey Pookie," Hailey says as she jumps on my back, making me grunt at the impact and stumble. My hands scoop under her thighs to hoist her up all the way on my back.

"I told you to stop calling me that," I grunt, setting her down and turning around so I can see her. Her hazel eyes sparkle and her face radiates with happiness as she looks at me.

"Wanna get some food?" she asks, completely ignoring my comment and walking to the little shack with out my reply. We get various hellos from the people we pass.

I look around at all the 'love' I was getting.

Hailey rolls her eyes and I smirk at her, grabbing two bowls of venison from Carol and some guy. I haven't gotten everyone's names so of course I wouldn't know this nerdy guy. I hand Hailey her bowl and I start to eat the deer meat with my fingers. I glance up from my bowl to look back at Hailey who was doing the same.

"You are just so cute my Pookie," she drags in high voice, pinching my cheek,with her clean hand, and making me irritated.

"Hailey..." I warn, but it comes out like a whine making me cringe at what just came out of my mouth. She smirks and crosses her arms.

"Did Daryl Dixon just... whine?" she asks a little too loud in a over exaggerated tone.

"Shut up," I mumble, finishing up my deer.

"Whats up with everyone liking us so much?" I add as trying to change the subject. Hailey shrugs.

"You both provided these people with food. You're gonna have to learn to live with the love," Carol says from behind us and chuckling.

"But remember, I liked you first," she adds smirking. "I need to show you two something. Patrick? Can you take over?" she asks as the guy nods.

"Yes of course. I'm sorry, but Mr.Dixon?" The nerdy guy asks making me look at him. I guess it's Patrick.

"Yeah," I grunt turning to face him, basically towering over his short frame.

"I just wanted to say thank you for providing us with that deer yesterday, and it wold be an honor to shake your hand," he says, striking his bony hand out.

I quirk an eyebrow at his actions and the whole "Mr. Dixon" mess.

Hailey laughs at my face and I give her a light shove.

I lick all my fingers and give his hand a big smack and shake.

Hailey again stifles a laugh at my smirk as I grab my crossbow and wipe my hand on my pants.

Carol takes leads to where she wants to take me and Hailey.

"I don't think we will be able to spare a lot of people for a run," Carol says over her shoulder to us just as Hailey snatches my bowl and finishes off my food. I glare at her and she smiles innocently.