Chapter XXXIV

-Y/N'S POV-

     "So it's really you? You're Fairy Tail's strongest!" I exclaimed. I'm completely in shock. I always believed Romeo when he said they'd come back, but seeing them here is just weird. Ive never known these people... I've  only heard about them from the guild and  articles from old Sorcerer Weekly issues. But old photo shoots can't even begin to describe the magic power in the room.
     "Yup! We're Team Tenrou. Um, who are you?" a cheerful pink haired boy that I knew to be Natsu the Salamander asked.
     "Oh, me? I'm Y/n L/n. I joined Fairy Tail a few years ago, after you guys uhh... disappeared?"
     "So what kind of magic do you use?" Gray the stripper asked.
     "I'm a water dragon slayer. Aquaria trained me. And everything after that... it's complicated," I replied sheepishly. Complicated, huh? How do I even explain being stuck in a giant crystal for 100 years.
     "You're a dragon slayer?! I knew it!!! Did your dragon disappear on July 7, X777?" Natsu inquired.
     "Ive heard about your dragons. Theoretically, Aquaria could have disappeared on that day, but I wouldn't know. I was kinda M.I.A. for a hundred years," I explained. Here come the questions.
     "What do you mean?" Lucy asked.
     "Y/n almost died defending her village over a hundred years ago, but then some guy found her and brought her back to his guild, where their healer tried to save her but she wouldn't wake up! So they put her in a crystal to keep her alive and then she woke up like a hundred years later!" Romeo explained. That was quick.
     "Wow... that's crazy..." someone said. I couldn't see who.
     "Hey! Y/n, fight me!!" Natsu shouted.
     "Natsu, you absolute idiot, we just got back and you already want to fight the new girl?!" Gray sneered.
     "Got a problem with it, ice breath?"
     "And what if I do flames for brains?"
     "That's enough! This is no way to make a proper impression on a new guild member boys." Ezra stepped forward. I smiled. Ive heard so much about her, and she's definitely one of my role models.
     "Hello Y/n. I apologize on behalf of Natsu and Gray. I'm Ezra Scarlet. Welcome to Fairy Tail," she held out her hand for me to shake, which I did.
     The guild went on to catch up and introduce me to everyone. I understand why everyone talked about them so much. These people are literal legends of their time.
     It was such a nice time, just laughing and smiling. So this is how Fairy Tail always is? I thought we were energetic before, but this... this is a whole other level.
     "Max! Let's go! Right here!" Natsu challenged. Well that was quick.

-TIMESKIP TO AFTER MAX AND NATSU'S FIGHT-

     I was cheering for Max obviously. I can't believe he came that close to beating the famous Salamander! That last move Natsu pulled was crazy though.
     "Which one of you is next?!" Natsu cheered.
     "I'll give it a shot!" I smiled. "Dragon slayer to dragon slayer."
     "All right new girl, let's go!" Natsu exclaimed as he propelled towards me. I jumped forward and charged up my attack to mirror his.
     "Fire Dragon..."
     "Water Dragon..."
     "IRON FIST!" We both attacked. I smiled as my water started to put out the flames of Natsu's attack.
      "Water always beats fire!" I cheered as I kicked Natsu's chest with a water-encased leg.
     "Oof-" Natsu was sent flying.
     "Wow this girl is crazy!!"
     "Poor Natsu"
     "Ha! Serves that idiot right"
     I stepped back to Max and Romeo who cheered for me.
     "Hey!! I want a rematch!!" Natsu yelled. He ran towards me, ready to attack but was immediately shut down by Erza.
     "That's enough fighting for now Natsu. Master wishes to see Y/n inside the guild hall."
     I nodded and walked into our little guild hall. Master Makarov. I have read so much about him. He's one of the ten wizard saints- and the master of Fairy Tail before Team Tenrou was stuck on Tenroujima.
     "Ah, Y/n, come on in," the master smiled. I immediately felt at ease. "I just wanted to talk to our newest member. I see you're quite the powerhouse, eh?"
     "Thank you, master," I bowed politely.
     "I wanted to ask you about your magic and your situation. What Romeo had mentioned earlier was rather vague, and I'd like to hear it from you," he explained.
     "Okay. I'm Y/n L/n, 17 years old, a water dragon slayer. I was trained by Aquaria, the water dragon. I learned my magic from her over a hundred years ago," I started.
     "I'm from a place called Lilac Town, and I was the sole protector of it. One day, a man named Zyko came and set fire to my hometown after I failed to defend it. A man named Jaro apparently found me and brought me to his guild's healer. I wouldn't wake up, so they resorted to crystal enclosure, a spell that would preserve my life force. Are you familiar with the technique master?" I asked.
     "I am. Do continue, child."
     "A hundred years later, I woke up. I found Magnolia and asked around for a guild, since Jaro had written a note for me telling me to join one. That's when I found Fairy Tail. Master Macao allowed me to join, and then there was an incident with Twilight Ogre."
     "An incident?" Makarov asked.
     "Well... they barged into the guild hall demanding some sort of payment and I uhh... kind of defeated all of them. That's when my life in Fairy Tail really began." I smiled after explaining my story.
     "Ah, thank you child. Fairy Tail is lucky to have a strong wizard such as yourself. Now let's bring the rest of the guild in, shall we?" Master and I walked back outside and called the rest of the members into the guild hall.
     That's when we got on the topic of the Grand Magic Games.
     "Grand Magic what?"

thanks for your patience!