Chapter XXVII

and we're back :)
this chapter is a bit short but once i get back into the swing of things, they'll be a bit longer and have some actual action in them.
thank you all for your patience and support <3

-Y/N'S POV-

Wow. I was really worried about this whole event, but seeing Rogue do what he did really made me happy. He really saved Max, even though he was bent on Sabertooth's absolute victory, even though Max is from Fairy Tail.
Sabertooth still got first, but we still placed second. I really need to thank Rogue for that
"Ladies and gentlemen, with that, we have concluded with today's event, Freefall! Here are your guild's current standings with points!" Mato exclaimed as the lacrima vision screens popped up around the arena.
Sabertooth: 30 event points
Fairy Tail: 24 event points
Lamia Scale: 17 event points + 10 Battle points
Quatro Cerberus: 12 event points
Blue Pegasus: 8 event points
Mermaid Heel: 7 event points + no battle points
Twilight Ogre: disqualified
We're still in second, but we aren't too far behind Sabertooth. We still have tomorrow and the final day to make it to the top- we have to do this.

For the honor of Fairy Tail.

-STING'S POV-

First place, what's new? Y/n and those pathetic fairies are stuck six points below us in second. As long as things go well tomorrow and the next day, Sabertooth is guaranteed to be recognized as the top guild again. Not even Y/n will get in the way of that.
One more day until the final day. The final events. When her and I are most likely gonna battle- and when I inevitably win. And then she'll be in Sabertooth. It's simple.
Sabertooth is obviously strong already, but with her on our side, we'd have three dragon slayers. Three. The old Fairy Tail had four of them. Now that they're out of the picture and Y/n showed up, they've got one. Just her. And while she's strong, she would be far better off in my guild, in Sabertooth.

-TIME SKIP TO THE NEXT DAY, ROGUE'S POV-

Yesterday was good. I didn't get the chance to talk to Y/n yesterday, but I know she saw what I did. She smiled at me. I really hope she saw that.
I wonder what the events today are going to be? Whatever it is, I can't participate because I've already gone, and neither can Sting or Y/n, so today is gonna be boring. I'm only here because Master Jiemma made it clear that we have to represent our guild as number one no matter what.
The final day of the GMG is approaching quickly. After this, all of Fiore will see that Sabertooth is still number one. Maybe Y/n will see that too. Wouldn't be something if she joined my guild?
I can't wait to see her today.

-Y/N'S POV-

I really need to talk to Rogue. I never thanked him for helping Max yesterday!! What he did was really heroic... hopefully his guild master didn't see it, or else he's dead. I've heard a lot about Sabertooth's master- he's really intimidating.
The competitions have been boring recently. Don't get me wrong, I love watching the events and all, it's just boring not being able to do anything. I don't even know what's going on today or tomorrow so who knows if I'm going to be able to participate in anything else. There are still battles today and tomorrow... hopefully I get to go up and show everyone my magic... Aquaria's magic. I still miss her... she raised me. After she left, I lost everything, even my village. Even a hundred years passed while I was stuck in a stupid crystal. Imagine all of the things I could have done. Maybe Lilac Town would still be around if I had been strong enough to defeat Zyko.
I can't think of that now. Too much time has passed for me to still dwell on that. Since I woke up, I have gained so much- a guild that I would do anything to protect. This time, I will be strong enough for them. We're gonna be back on top before you know it! Fairy Tail is so much more than a guild. We're a family. And I'm gonna do my absolute best to renew Fairy Tail's former glory.