Chapter XXVIII

and im back again. hope you enjoy this chapter! it's over a thtousand words :)

-TIME SKIP TO THE MORNING OF THE SECOND TO LAST DAY OF THE GMG, ROGUE'S POV-

     I'm gonna leave a little earlier today. I want to get to the arena before the rest of my team so I can talk to Y/n. But I need to be stealthy- if Master Jiemma catches me, I'm definitely out of the guild. My magic is perfectly suited for this though.
     I travel quickly using my shadow form, being careful to leave without waking up Sting, Lector, and Frosch. Fairy Tail always shows up early, but Sabertooth only gets there right on time. Hopefully those fairies are here already.
     After I make it to the arena I get out of my shadow form and run up to where the Fairy Tail balcony is. I can't go on the balcony though, her whole guild is probably there, so I wait outside for a little bit. I can hear them all talking and laughing. Why do they all sound so happy? My guild is never like that. Why do they all care so much about each other?
     I have been waiting out here for a minute or two maybe, but I just realized I can't approach her. I wanted to talk to her about something I did. I want her to approach me! I wish I would have thought of that earlier!! I should probably head back to my guild then...
     "Rogue? Rogue!" I hear a sweet voice call out as I'm walking away. So I turned around to see who it was.
     "Y/n?" I ask, seeing her familiar h/c hair and e/c eyes. "Good morning."
     "Hey Rogue! Wow it's such a coincidence that I just found you here," she started laughing. "I was looking for you after the events yesterday but your guild had already left."
     She wanted to talk to me?
     "Yeah, quite a coincidence," I replied.
     "I wanted to talk to you! To thank you actually," she started. I could feel a blush rising to my face. "During the team event yesterday, I saw you help Max. You were in first and you stopped to help him. I mean you still won and that was really amazing but why? Why'd you help someone from Fairy Tail?" she asked.
     "Because Fairy Tail is your guild. He's your friend. And I know it would hurt you if he got hurt that badly and I didn't want to see you get hurt," I replied, sheepishly looking away.
     "You did?"
     "I mean yeah-"
     I couldn't finish my sentence. She was hugging me. So I hugged her back.

-TIME SKIP TO THE FIRST EVENT OF THE GMG, Y/N'S POV-

     Well. Today is going pretty well so far. I finally got to talk to Rogue. I didn't know he would do something like that just because Max was from my guild. I felt so important right there. I couldn't stop myself from just hugging him. It was really nice.
     Today is the last team participation event, and I clearly can't participate because I already have. So my lucky self gets to sit here and ponder the meaning of my existence. Love that for myself. I wonder what the event today will be.
     "Ladies and gentlemen! Good morning!! Welcome to the second to last day of the Grand Magic Games!" Mato announced. "Today we will be hosting one more team participation event and a battle between two members of the competing guilds. Now if everyone is ready, let's begin with today's event!" the pumpkin cheered.
     "The event is called..."
     And that's where I spaced out. All I heard was Jet getting picked to participate. I told my guild members I was going to grab a snack from the booths so I got up with Miso and started walking over.
     "Y/n, what do you want to order??" Miso asked me.
     "I'm not really sure I was thinking maybe some- oof!" I started before rubbing into someone's back.
     "Hey gorgeous," the person flirted. Ah. Sting.
     "Hey Sting. Long time no see," I joked. "What brings you here?" I questioned.
     "Probably the same thing as you. The matches aren't entertaining anymore and I'm hungry. What are you going to order?" He asked.
     "Well I was just about to tell Miso before we kinda ran into each other but I was thinking just a smoothie or something??" I replied. "I'm not actually very hungry right now so something light sounds good."
     "Hmm. I'm actually pretty hungry right now. Too bad the only snack I'm seeing is right in front of me," he winked. I felt a blush rise to my face but I recovered by rolling my eyes and turning around to go to the smoothie stand. "Oh come on that one was good!" Sting called after me.
     "Hey Y/n," Miso asked.
     "Hm? What's up Miso?" I replied turning my head to face my little exceed.
     "I think that you have a crush on someone! I'm still not sure who but it's definitely between-" she tried to say but I cut her off with my hand over her mouth.
"Miso!! Please don't expose me like that in public!" I said, clearly flustered. "And I know who you're going to say, but I don't even know how to feel about those two. I'm kinda just going with the flow at this point. I guess we can only wait and find out," I shrugged.
     After getting my favorite flavor smoothie, we headed back to find that the match was over. Jet had gotten fourth at whatever it was and seemed kinda depressed about it so I decided not to ask. I checked the leaderboard and it read:

Sabertooth: 38 event points
Fairy Tail: 29 event points
Lamia Scale: 27 event points + 10 battle points
Quatro Cerberus: 18 event points + 10 battle points
Mermaid Heel: 10 event points + no battle points
Blue Pegasus: 10 event points + no battle points
Twilight Ogre: disqualified

     So it was Blue Pegasus and Quatro Cerberus today huh. That confirms that my guild is going up against Sabertooth. It will probably be me fighting- it's usually the strongest or most popular member of the guilds that are chosen, no offense to my other members. But the question is, will it be Sting or Rogue?