Chapter XXX

and we're back! sorry for the wait. hope you all are staying home and safe. enjoy the chapter!!

-Y/N'S POV-

     As the great Jeon Jungkook once said, let's get it. It's time to win this. I guess you could say it's my time. Sorry. I am just really not looking to stand in Sabertooth's shadow. I guess it's just my ego. I'm so sorry. Stream BTS Map of the Soul: 7.
     I need to get my head clear so I can concentrate on the task at hand: winning. We're all split up, so I'm hoping my teammates can hold their own until we can group up. I know they can. They're all strong. I just need to take out as many opposing teams' members as I can to get lots of points.
     I run past a few buildings before hearing footsteps. Ah, the perks of being a dragon slayer with heightened senses. I smell a member of Blue Pegasus.
     "Men~"
     No, no, no. God no. This could not be worse. He's not particularly strong or anything, but seriously? Ichiya? He's so... weird. He just gives me the creeps.
     And one more thing, wherever there's an Ichiya, there's a-
     "Trimen, right here cutie" I hear. And my position is given away. Four versus one. Simple, Y/n. You can do this. Just don't let them corner you no matter what. And don't let them distract you!
     "Oh um hi there," I awkwardly smile. "Lovely weather today isn't it?"
     "True, but not as lovely as you darling."
      I'm soft. But I can't let the fact that My face looks like a strawberry on a beautiful strawberry cake distract me from the objective.
     "Water Dragon: Talon!" I shout, initiating an attack on the Trimen. It takes out two of them. Dang. That was easier than I thought this would be? Now it's just Ichiya and Ren. They're a little stronger than Hibiki and Eve, but my Talon attack wasn't even that powerful.
     "Hey, hey, hey! Fairy Tail's Y/n already making a splash by taking out two of Blue Pegasus' contestants! That's five points each, putting Fairy Tail's team on top with ten points!" Mato announces. Oh heck yes. Starting off strong Y/n.
     "But wait, Sabertooth's Orga already has taken out three people! Two from Quatro Cerberus and one from Mermaid Heel! Sabertooth is in the lead with fifteen points!" Mato continues. What. I can feel a dark aura rising around me as Ren and Ichiya start to back away from me.
     "Let's do something about that scoreboard shall we? I'll make this quick for you two." I walk towards them, still clearly upset. "Water Dragon: Wing Attack!" I shout. And they're out. That's basically all of Blue Pegasus out, only that girl Jenny is left. I guess she got split up from the Trimens. Oh well, I have to keep moving. There are more people left and Sabertooth isn't going to stay at fifteen points forever. I need to move quickly.

-STING'S POV-

     And there she is. I can't go five minutes without hearing that stupid pumpkin saying something about her. Y/n this, Y/n that. She single handedly took out basically all of Blue Pegasus. Pretty impressive. Except Blue Pegasus is weak. All of those stupid guilds are. Especially Fairy Tail. Y/n is the only thing holding them up, and once she's on Sabertooth, they'll fall right back down to the last place where they belong.
     I'm making decent progress, taking out a couple of people from the other guilds. I need to make sure I don't go overboard though. Master Jiemma will kill me if I lose points for us.
     I still haven't run into Y/n. I haven't seen her at all. She's pretty hard to miss. I mean, how could you not notice a girl as pretty as her? Exactly. You can't. I need to find her and show her just how strong I am. Wait, maybe not actually. I'll leave her to the others. I need to save my energy for the battle later.
     For now, I'm just going to keep Sabertooth's image as pristine as it should be by completely dominating this event. Y/n will have to wait.

-TIMESKIP TOWARDS THE END OF THE FREE FOR ALL, Y/N'S POV-

     Argh. Time is almost up and we're in third place. Behind Lamia Scale and of course, those stupid braggers of Sabertooth. You know what? It's fine because even if we lose, if I win my battle, it will give Fairy Tail just enough points to win this thing. Sabertooth will be pushed to second. That's why I need to push. I can't use up all of my energy or magic power right now. I need it for the battle.
     I need to meet up with a guild mate. Where are they? I can't believe I have missed them this entire event. I heard Jet and Alzack were eliminated, but I can't find Bisca or Max. As of on cue, I hear footsteps running at me from behind and immediately get into a fighting position. However, the only attack that comes is a bear hug from none other than Mr. Sandman, Max.
     "Y/n! I'm so glad to see you. I couldn't find you anywhere and I started to think you had gotten eliminated or something. How are you holding up?" He worriedly asks.
     I hug him back. "Hey Max. I'm doing alright. I am a little hurt though," I reply.
     "Hurt?! Where? What happened?" Max cries. I try my best not to laugh at him.
     "Hurt that you thought I got eliminated."
     "Y/n!!!"
     "Sorry, sorry. I'm alright. Just kinda upset we're about to end in third. Hey, walk with me, maybe we can find some other people left," I say as I drag him by the hand.
     "Well Y/n, if you wanted to hold my hand you could have just asked."
     I let go of his hand and playfully hit him, clearly blushing.
     "Maxxxx."

-ROGUE'S POV-

     I heard giggling. It sounds like Y/n? Let me go see. I can get around quite easily in my shadow form, it's very convenient. I appear around a corner of one of the buildings where I heard her.
     She's here alright. Here with that guy, Max. He's definitely flirting with her. I want to do something but I don't know what. Maybe if I surprise them and attack Max? Maybe not. I can't risk fighting Y/n. We have less than a three minutes left so I guess I'll just show up and stall, put up a fight if I need to. Nothing unnecessary. Master will kill me if I lose points for the team.
     Shadow mode, appear in the middle of the street, surprise them. That's a plan. Let's go. I appear in front of them. Y/n is still holding his hand laughing when I rematerialize.
     "Hey, Y/n. Max." I give a small smile to Y/n. Dead stare to Max. There's no point in hiding the fact that I don't like him.
     "Oh uh hey Rogue," she responds. Finally, she lets go of that idiot's hand and gets into a fighting stance. Max follows suit and takes position next to her. "Sorry Rogue. But you're outnumbered here," she says, still in position to fight.
     How cute. She thinks she can beat me. Even if there are two of them, it all comes down to strategy, which I am clearly superior in. I'm not going to actually have to fight her anyway. Just make it look like we will. Put on a show Rogue.
     "Regardless, Y/n, I will still win. It makes no difference that you have this sandbag with you," I speak nonchalantly.
     "Wow and here I was going to thank you for helping me out earlier. After that creative name, I don't think I will," Max replies, feigning hurt.
     "Oh don't worry, I have already talked with Y/n. She thanked me for you," I shrug.
     "Hey, enough small talk, let's go! We're running out of time here," Y/n breaks the conversation and runs toward me with water surrounding her fists. "Water Dragon: Iron Fist!" she shouts. I dodge. She gracefully lands on the pavement behind me.
     "Max!" she shouts, signaling him to attack. He's too slow though. I melt into my shadow form and attack him first. I land a hit but not enough to actually do much damage. I hear Y/n running up behind me but before either of us could do anything time runs out.
     "And that's all folks! Sabertooth takes first place in the free for all!" I turn around to face Y/n who looks less than pleased at the results.
     "Good game Y/n. I look forward to our guilds' battle later on."
     "Thanks Rogue. Hey Max, let's go find Bisca and the others," Y/n smiles at him. Wow. I really just got ignored for a sandbag. The h/c haired girl walks right past me towards Max and links arms with him as she heads off to find her guild mates.
     I can't help but feel something clench in my chest. Jealousy? I have nothing to envy about Max. Except that he's the one next to Y/n right now.