CHAPTER 3: THE BAKER'S LIL GIRL

"Are you all Alright?" says the officer

"Yes..we'll be fine.." says William "We just need some time to process this.."

"Have all the time you need." said the officer as he returns to the crime scene.

After William, Jack and Henry found Sarah's body they called the police and now they are huddled up outside of the bakery.Henry and Jack are in a heavy state of shock while William may have experience in murder cases he still can't get over it either.

Henry cries "I swear I saw her... yesterday, she was fine...there was nothing wrong...Maybe if-"

"Don't go there I've seen enough good people think that they could change the past." interrupted William "You couldn't do anything, I'm sorry Henry."William puts his hand on Henry's shoulder as he looks towards Jack.

Jack is the worst of both of them, he hasn't said a word since the police arrived. All he as been doing is sitting on a bench and staring at the floor with tears falling off his face.

"Hey,it's gonna be fine I know it must be hard for you." says William as he walks over to Jack

"It's just the smell reminded me of my parents...I'm sorry I know this is about Sarah but it just reminds me of that day I lost them." cries Jack still staring at the floor.

"I can't blame you after all you didn't know Sarah that long." exclaims William "I'm sorry you have to remember that.."

"Mr Benji!" shouts one of the officers

"I'll be right back." says William as he walks to the officer.

"Hello Mr Benji,the police commissioner is looking for you,his waiting at the crime scene." says the officer as he taps William's shoulder"Word to wise don't try to make more angrier than he is,GOOD LUCK!' The officer walks away from Will and walks down the road.

William enters the bakery noticing a man begging on his knees to the commissioner.

"PLEASE TELL ME IT'S NOT MY LITTLE GIRL....PLEASE!!" cries the man as his punching the floor "I TOLD HER I WOULD PROTECT HER I...PROMISED HER!"

"I'm sorry sir but I need you to stop shouting and get off your knees!" said the commissioner "I promise to find who did this."

"CAN YOU DO YOUR JOB AFTER ALL THIS MAN HAS KILLED SO MANY PEOPLE INCLUDING MY LIL GIRL!" He shouts"HER MOM NEVER LOOK ME IN MY EYES AGAIN."

"I'm sorry about this" says the commissioner as three policemen drag the man outside,he tries to fight back but loses.

The commissioner is clearly angry so William tries to sneak outside.

"WILLIAM!" shouts the commissioner " You come right here before I do something to you!"

William unwillingly walks to the commissioner and tries not make eye contact.

"I told you William to stop this man but instead your out with your friends lollygagging!"

"John I promise I was working the case the whole night!"

"Any new leads!"

"Well.. no bu-"

"William... I know your a great detective but the people are getting angry some of them are even questioning if we are doing are jobs right or if we are doing them at all." says John

"Please don't take me off the case!" shouts William "It's just that women was my friend and if anyone was to put that man behind bars it would be me!,"

"You know what I won't,to be honest we need all the help we can get but next time I don't think I'll be able to let you on to the case anymore."

"Thank you I just need one last chance and I promise to get him." says William

"Good we'll take things from here,go tend to your friends they don't look too well."

"Thanks commissioner"

William walks to his friends who are eager learn what the shouting was about.

"That was was Mrs Sarah's father,he took the news badly." exclaimed William

"Poor Mr and Mrs Chester they were good people,so was Sarah.." said Henry

William pats both of them on the back and says "I think we should head back to our homes,it's been a long day."

"Wait can't we.. still make it for the Ferris wheel.." said Jack

"No think we missed it sadly.." said Henry

"Fine let's call it a day..' says jack "It may be for the best.."

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< END OF CHAPTER >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks for reading :D

Sorry I took so long to make another chapter but I'll try my best to make more :}