CHAPTER 13: OUR OWN LITTLE INVESTIGATION

"Aaaa everything hurts..." said William as he lies awake on his bed "Must of drunk a bit too much...."

He squints his eyes as he slowly gets out of bed. It's mid-morning,outside must people can be heard heading for work and the birds are singing their morning jingle.

"It's really bright outside." says Will as he looks outside his window "Wish I could stay in bed for a little longer.....well I guess I can?" Will rubs his eyes "I've got nothing better to do since I'm off the case...off the case...ooh right I was gonna tell jack that today."

Will gets up and heads to his kitchen and grabs himself a cup. "It's too early now I'll tell him later this afternoon..." he says tiredly "I'll make some tea to start up my day" He starts brewing the tea when *Knock*Knock*

"Huh? Who could that be?" William says as he pours his tea "Probably just the postman..I'll just ignore it for now"

*KNOCK*KNOCK*

"Ahh alright..." whispers Will "I'm coming!" William grabs his coat and heads to his front door.

"Good morning~" yawns William as he opens the door "Oh it's you Jack?"

"Good morning Will" smiles Jack fully dressed for the day "Did I wake you?"

William looks down at what his wearing,his still wearing his pajamas and his hair is messy as well.

"Seems like the coat couldn't make me look that much better." whispers William to himself

"What?" asks Jack waiting at the front door.

"Nothing" yawns William again " Why don't you come in."

William moves aside and let's Jack enter his home. It's a little messy,but Jack doesn't seem bothered. Jack sits on one of the couches in the living room and later William joins him with two cups of hot tea.

"I almost mistaken you for Henry with how sleepy you are hahaha." giggles Jack sipping his tea

"Hahah yeah....how is Henry by the way,do you know?" asks William trying to neaten up his hair.

"Well I went to go visit him earlier." says Jack as he puts down his tea "The doctors are saying his doing good,but I couldn't enter his room,the doctor says he needs sleep."

"Well that's good to hear." smiles Jack as he holds his mug "Earlier? When do you wake up?"

"5am everyday,after all I am a working man so I have to get up early everyday to make sure everything is going right."

"I see...that's way too early for me..haha." laughs William

"So what was it that you wanted to tell me?" asks Jack,finished with his tea

"Well.." William dips his head down "I..I was taken off the case..."

"What!" Shouts Jack as he get out of his seat. William blankly stares at him "Sorry didn't mean to shout." Jack sits back on the couch. "It's just a surprise to me,after all you've been working so hard to find him,I mean you were the only one to really have a one on one conversation with him."

"I know..." says William

"Then why did they let you off the case!" says Jack

"Well I got a civilian hurt during my case and I've just made too slow of a progress...after all that meet up with the murder was the only thing I had..." calmly says Will "Perhaps it's for the best after all mabye someone else will do better then I did..."

"Are you really gonna give up that easily?" asks Jack "Are you gonna let him get away with hurting Henry?"

"No ,but it's not my concern anymore...I'm off the case remember?"

"Well..." Jack stalls for a minute and then let's out a small smirk "We could do our own little investigation..."

"No, I can't do that Jack."

"It's not exactly...illegal."

"It is illegal to tamper in a police investigation,Jack." say William crossing his legs

"We don't have to tamper or take evidence...we could just take a few notes perhaps...I mean you want to catch him as much as I do don't you?" says Jack " We'll just be helping out with catching this murderer."

"I...guess it's not a bad idea..."

"What do you think?" asks Jack

"...I do want to catch him..." sighs William "Fine we can do a small investigation.."

Jack gets up from the couch "Glad we're on the same page!"says Jack happily

"When shall we go?" ask Jack "How about later tonight?"

"You want to do it today?" questions William

"Yes after all we want to catch this killer soon as possible!" smiles Jack "And most people should be sleeping when we investigate the crime scene."

"I guess your right." William think to himself "We'll go at 12am on the spot."

"Good!" says Jack heading to the front door "I'll meet you there!"

"Wait where are you going?" asks Will as he gets off the couch

"I've got to get back to work,I'm actually already late,my aunt is going to kill me." giggles Jack "I'll talk to you later Will"

William bids Jack goodbye as he leaves out the door. William heads to the living room to grab their used cups and goes to the kitchen."I could get in a lot of trouble for this..." sighs Will as he sets the cups in the sink. "I have to do this for Henry...and everyone else he killed..."

"I'll take him down for everything his done!" says William cleaning the cups "He hurt so many people and still has the guts to laugh,it's like he couldn't care less for their lives!"

William accidentally breaks one of the tea cups as he washes them and cuts his hand.

"Ow that hurts.." says Will as he covers the wound. "I'll go get a bandage..."

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< END OF CHAPTER >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ow that must of hurt~

well I hope you enjoyed this chapter,see you next time on the masked man~~ :D