CHAPTER 11: GONE TOO FAR

"Will he be ok?" asks William to the medic. William and the other officers have taken Henry to a nearby hospital. Will and the medic are currently talking outside Henry's hospital room.

"His stable ,but needs lots of rest." answers the medic seeming concerned

"May I see him?" says William adamantly,but the Doctor shakes his head and crosses his arms.

"No" He says " His lost a lot of blood and needs time to heal perhaps tomorrow ,but it all depends on how he feels when he wakes up and if his condition gets better."

"Understood..."

"Thank you Mr Benji, I promise he'll be safe in our hands." said the medic as he is about to leave,but before he leaves he turns around "Oh and your commissioner is looking for you by the way,he also seems a bit upset so you may want to go talk to him."

"Thanks for the heads up." said William letting out a sigh,of course the commissioner is going to give him an ear full and all he can do is brace for himself. What's must important though is that Henry is fine thinks William.If it wasn't for Henry I would of been the one who got shot

"Hey before you go!" Shouts William to the medic who has almost gotten out of sight. "Can..you tell Henry that I thank him for what he did..."

"Sure do!" replies the Doctor as he leaves.

When the Doctor is finally out of sight William leans against a wall behind him and thinks to himself what happened. The masked man said some strange things,somethings that didn't even makes sense "He wants me to stop him?" William thinks to himself "What does he mean?" William ponders about it for awhile " He sounded remorseful...in a way when he mentioned Sarah.." William Shakes his head"What am I thinking about,I can't take this man seriously,his insane." William let's out one last sigh and begins walking out of the hospital "I should probably check on the commissioner."

William heads outside the Hospital and spots a few police officers talking among themselves,as he gets closer to the group he can begin over hearing their conversation.

"Have you heard that the commissioner might fire the detective?" says one of the officers

"He wouldn't do that."says another

"No, he screwed up big time,it wouldn't surprise me if they did." scoffs one of them "After all he nearly got someone killed."

"Guess they needed a Doctor for the Doctor" slightly giggles another

"That's insensitive Ryan!" says the other bumping his shoulder

"Who cares-"

"Am I interrupting something?" says William in a stern voice,they all seem to go quite at the sight of him.

"No sir" says one

"Good."say William as he walks away from the group."Their not wrong...I could of prevented Henry from getting shot ,but instead I was so focused on that monster..." William wonders to himself. William heads off to the crime scene where the commissioner is overseeing it.

As William walks up to the scene he can see many Bloodhounds sniffing for the masked man's scent and investigators looking around the Chapel also there are reporters that seem to be bothering the police asking them what has happened although it doesn't seem like the police officers are answering their questions,probably for the best because the press only seems to make the people even more distressed and worried about the murderer.

William moves past all the police and heads to the back of the chapel where the commissioner is. William is at the back and looks towards the floor of the alley,it's covered in Henry's blood from his wound. "I hope he gets better..."

"William." says the commissioner behind Will,William turns towards the commissioner ,but surprisingly the commissioner doesn't seem as upset as what he though he would be,he seems more...disappointed.

"William can you follow me." He said " I would like to talk to you alone."

William follows the commissioner and they walk far away from others for privacy.

"William,why would you do this?!" says the commissioner "You could of gotten yourself killed! Why didn't you tell us about this?"

William clears his throat " He said to come alone and I... just didn't want anyone else to get hurt..."

"Well somebody did and now his gone again."

"Sir I jus-"

"No..." say the commissioner shaking his head

"What?

The commissioner looks William in the eye and says "We're done." he pats William on his shoulder "I'm taking you off the case."

"Wait sir! You can't do this I-"

"You've done enough William,you nearly got someone killed and put your own life in danger." sighs the commissioner "You did a good job ,but I think we need someone else on this case."

"Sir I've been working for months trying to solve this case!"

"And where did that get you?" he says and William looks towards the ground in defeat. "That's what I thought,go get some rest Will,I'll talk to you soon."

The commissioner leaves William to himself and William holds his head in shock. "I did all this and it got me no where...I tried so hard...I can't believe that this just happened..." He begins walking away from the crime scene and starts heading home..."I mean I...I can't just leave it there..."

As he heads home there's a man advertising a special at a pub and he comes running towards William.

"Hello sir may I interest on our special,35% off all booze!" shouts the man

"I don't really drink...." answers William

"None sense!" say the man pointing to the bar's special sign.

It reads "Come and wash your worries away! 35% off all booze!"

William whispers "Wash your worries away huh?...fine count me in.."

"Great to hear it! come in,come in!" says the man

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< CHAPTER END >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks for reading

Have a good day :D

(poor William :( ) S A D N E S S