CHAPTER 1 : THE MASKED MAN

The story begins in the year 1895 in the city of London, when a strange case of murders have been happening by a man who bears a frightening mask , nobody is able to find out who this man is ,until a detective named William Benji and his best friend Jack Napier. Now lets begin the story.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear William, happy birthday to you!" sings the crowd.

Today is William's birthday, he has invite all his friends for tea at his house.

"Thank you everyone for coming, I hope you had a grand time!"said William as he says his goodbyes to everyone.

"Thank you William that was lovely, I wish we could stay longer!" said Sarah, one of his good friends that works at the local bakery.

"No, thank you without your cakes it wouldn't of been as lovely" William said thankfully

"Will over here!" shouted Henry, Henry is William's closest friend and they have been since they were small children by the age of 13.

"Hello Henry did you like the party?" asked William

"Ain't much of a party like old times,Will" said Henry "Mostly because Jack isn't here, I mean it's been about 3 years since we've seen him now that his been busy with his family's company...."

"I invited him doesn't seem like he came I'm a little disappointed, I miss him."said William sadly.

Jack, William and Henry were all best friends since they were in high school and even after but sadly 3 years ago there was a big accident with Jack's parents that lead to their deaths, ever since then Jack had to take control of his family's business and his been rather quiet to his friends since the accident and William hoped that he would come to has party.

" Maybe his late? said Henry " One thing I remember about Jack was that he was always bad with time."

"It's already pretty late, I don't think his coming"exhaled William "After all we can't wait forever, I have a lot of work to do anyway so do you."

"Doctors and detectives deserves breaks too and ---" Henry is interrupted by knock on the door.

"Hey it's me can you open the door!?" says ???

"Is that jack" wandered William

"Only one way to find out!" Henry rushes to the door and opens it.

"Hey guys it's been awhile...."said Jack "I know I'm late but can I still come in?"

"You missed the entire party" says William as Jack looks at the ground ashamed " but you can still come in for tea, you can go sit in the living room as I make some."

Jack and Henry sit down on the chairs in the living room and William goes to the kitchen to make tea. Jack and Henry sit in an awkward silence as they wait for William. William soon joins them with a kettle full of tea and pour for each of them and sits down. It's now all of them sitting quietly looking at each and jack decides to break the silence.

"I'm so sorry...for----"Before Jack has the chance to says something else Henry interrupts him and says

" You don't have to say sorry it's fine"

"Really but aren't you guys mad at me I mean its been three years...." says Jack ashamed to look them in their eyes.

"We were more worried about you!" says William"You vanished the day after your mom and dad died and the last time we saw you , you weren't in a good place and we were worried about you and wished we could help you but it's fine to want time to yourself and you were very busy which is understandable after all me and Henry hardly see each other because of our jobs."