Chapter Twenty Eight *3rd POV*

"Well, call it personal experience, but nobody gets that angry unless they're talking about their family."
- Dean Winchester, Supernatural
*****************************

       After an hour of sitting in Lakota's room, Leland finally decided it was time for him to tell Jax what the doctor had told him. Jamie and Dakota stayed in the room with Lakota, as Leland walked out of the room and headed towards the waiting room where Jax was still sitting. Leland could tell by the way Jax was sitting and the way his hands were tangled in his hair that Jax was beyond stressed and anxious. Leland knew that look all too well, seeing as that was close to how he felt when Lakota had disappeared months ago.

"Jax." Leland called, causing Jax to look up at him.

      Jax couldn't read the expression on Leland's face, which made him feel a bit nervous. He was already a ball of emotions already, but nervous was a new one to be added to the spectrum of emotions coursing through him. He watched as Leland took a seat beside him, a sigh escaping his lips as he seemed to get as comfortable as possible in a crappy hospital chair.

"Lakota isn't coming home with us." Leland stated, causing Jax to furrow his eyebrows.

"What are you talking about? I thought we had agreed that you'd be taking her home. She's in there because of me. I couldn't protect her. I couldn't protect Abel, so they were both harmed." Jax argued, but all Leland did was sigh.

"Jax, I know you want us to bring her home to keep her safe, but what happened wasn't entirely your fault. She was trained by us for years on how to defend herself, so she wasn't completely defenseless," Leland began, pursing his lips slightly,"Look son, I know you love her and I know she loves you. You both have been through things together already that most couples don't go through for years, if at all. Hell, Jamie and I haven't even been through half this shit, but we've both decided that Lakota really needs you." Leland said, as Jax sighed.

"I don't know what to do, Leland. If something else happens to her, or I can't find Abel, she'll be crushed. I can't put her through that shit." Jax replied, as Leland felt a small hint of pride run through his heart.

      He felt almost prideful with Lakota's boyfriend. He never believed Lakota would find someone with so much wisdom, yet so much erratic determination. He was actually quite glad that his daughter had found someone who loved her so dearly, he'd let her go to keep her safe, even if that meant he'd never be able to see her again. He was willing to lose his happiness to keep her alive, which was something Leland could understand and commend him for.

"I know, but it isn't just about her anymore, Jax. Abel needs her as much as you do. She needs you. You need her," He started, before he let out a slightly content sigh,"Acutally, there's something I need to tell you." He commented, as Jax looked over at him.

"You're not going to have me locked up yet, right? I still have to find Abel. I mean, if I find Abel, he can stay with her, but I have to find him, he's my son--" Jax rambled, but Leland shook his head quickly and cut him off.

"No, Jax. I'm not going to lock you up. You've done nothing wrong towards any of us right now. Calm down," Leland said, as Jax nodded and breathed out shakily,"It's probably something more serious than that, but it's all under your mindset right now." He commented, and Jax sighed.

"What's wrong?" Jax asked, fear leaking into him like morphine.

"Lakota's pregnant, Jax. Doc said her and the baby are going to make a full recovery," Leland stated, smiling slightly,"I don't think taking her away from here is a good idea. Besides, I doubt you'd want me to take anymore of your family way, especially when it's growing." He added, and Jax ran his hand over his face.

      He couldn't believe Lakota was pregnant. Hell, he couldn't believe her and the baby were going to make it. Well, he almost knew she was, but he was overwhelmed when he found out the baby was going to be fine too. He didn't expect for his family to be growing, but now that Leland told him, and was willing to leave his daughter in Charming, even after everything that happened, made Jax feel almost that much better.

"How far along is she?" Jax asked, hoping she hadn't known about the baby and just kept it a secret from him.

"Six weeks, which is around the time a woman would start getting her pregnancy symptoms. So, I doubt she knew, but she'll be happy to know when she wakes up." Leland answered, and Jax nodded.

"Are you all staying until she wakes up?" Jax asked, and Leland nodded.

"Yes, we can't leave until she wakes up," Leland began, before he placed his hand on Jax's shoulder,"Actually, we plan to stay until you find Abel. He's family as much as you are now, so we're not leaving until we know our family is safe." Leland stated, and Jax smiled weakly.

"Thanks, man. That actually means a lot." Jax replied, feeling a new warmth run through him.

      Jax hadn't expected such news, but to be told that he now had more family, whom was willing to go to the ends of the earth for his son, made his heart swell. He didn't expect such a revelation from Lakota's family, especially her father, but he couldn't deny that having Leland's respect made him happy. He figured that with Leland, Dakota, and Jamie around, Lakota would feel more at home and would have help around the house until she was completely healed. Now all Jax had to do was bring home the little boy that completed their dysfunctional family...

××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter. I know in the show Jax found out about Thomas through Gemma, but I wanted to change it up a bit to add more suspense and heartfelt moments. So, what do you guys think?!

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx