Chapter Twenty Five

"May god bless and keep you always. May your wishes all come true. May you always do for others, and let others do for you. May you build a later to the stars, and climb on every one, and may you stay forever young."
~ Forever Young by Audra Mae
***************************

      It had been a few days since Jax had brought Abel and I to the clubhouse. The morning after Jax and I had sex, he went out to the main area of the clubhouse and told Tara that she was safe away from us, and that everyone found it better if she left the clubhouse. I watched with a smirk on my face, as Tara stormed out of the clubhouse with her bag in hand.

"We need to go to the store. Get ready." Gemma said, peeking her head into Jax's apartment.

      I nodded, before getting up and opening the dresser to grab new clothes. I also grabbed a new outfit for Abel as well, making me realize that Abel and I needed more clothes. We most definitely didn't have enough if we were going to be staying much longer at the clubhouse. After getting dressed, I placed Abel in his carseat, before carrying him out of the apartment.

"You ready?" Gemma asked, and I nodded.

"Jax and Clay alright with us leaving the clubhouse?" I asked, and she smirked.

"They know they can't stop me, so they're sending prospect with us as protection." She replied, and I laughed slightly.

        I carried Abel out to Gemma's car, before placing him in the backseat, securing his carseat immediately. Once he was secure, I walked around the car and got into the passenger seat, as Gemma climbed into the driver seat.

"We're going to the store first; get everything we need for the clubhouse. You know those guys eat like wild animals." Gemma stated, and I nodded.

      Gemma drove us to the store, grabbing Abel from the back once we had pulled up. She carried him inside, before placing him in a cart. I pushed around the cart, as Gemma grabbed things we needed for the clubhouse. I made sure to grab a few more cans of formula, not sure when we'd get the chance to go back out to the store and get more.

      Gemma also grabbed feminine products, knowing there was more than one girl that needed feminine products each month. There was probably already one woman in there that needed the feminine products already. Once they had everything they needed, Gemma paid for everything after checking out.

     Gemma and I began to load everything into the trunk of her car, before something caught her attention. Looking over, I seen a blonde woman walking down the sidewalk across the street.

"I've got something to take care of." Gemma said, laying her bags on the ground.

"What? Where are you going?" I asked, unsure of what she could be talking about.

"We all have jobs, Lakota. This is mine. Get yourself and Abel's things and then get back to the clubhouse." She stated, kissing me quickly, before sliding the keys into my hand.

      I watched her run off towards the direction the woman was walking, before HalfSack came over to me.

"Where is she going?" He asked, and I shrugged.

"Don't know. Follow her. Wherever she's going, she may need to get out fast." I replied, and he groaned.

"Jesus." He commented, running off to his motorcycle.

      I watched him drive off towards Gemma's direction, before I drove off in the direction of Jax's house. As soon as I pulled up in the driveway, I shut off Gemma's car and went to the back to grab Abel. Once I had Abel, I unlocked the front door and went inside. I sat Abel down on the counter top, as I laid a few different things on the table. As I went through grabbing different things I might've needed for Abel, such as bottles, I heard a noise outside.

"HalfSack?" I called, looking towards the doorway.

       He walked into the room moments later, but Gemma didn't follow him.

"Where's Gemma? What happened?" I asked, and he sighed.

"I don't know. There was ATF everywhere, I had to get out." He replied, and I frowned.

"Jesus." I commented, running my fingers through my hair.

"I have to make a call. I'll be right back." He said, and I nodded.

      He walked out of the room and I went to call Jax. I needed to tell him about Gemma. Maybe he would know what she was up to. Hearing another noise outside of the room, I turned around thinking it was HalfSack, but I gasped when I seen it was actually Cameron. I dropped the phone, catching HalfSack's attention, so he ran into the room.

"What are you doing here?" HalfSack asked, watching as Cameron looked around at us upset.

"Gemma killed my Eddie. She killed my boy," He cried, before holding up a knife,"So I figured, a son for a son." He added, pointing the knife towards Abel.

     HalfSack quickly jumped into action, rushing towards Cameron, only to be stabbed in the chest. He fell to the floor, and I gasped in surprise. He advanced towards Abel again, but this time I rushed towards him.

"No!" I exclaimed, grabbing Cameron's arm.

     He quickly pushed me off, throwing me into the table. The table didn't break, but it sure did hurt like hell. I groaned, pushing myself back up, as I went to attack Cameron again. I threw my leg out, knocking the knife out of his hand. I went to kick him in the abdomen to knock him down, but he pulled out a gun before I could hit him. Quickly, I threw my fist into his face, but I didn't expect him to have the gun ready to fire. In a matter of seconds, he shot me right in the middle of my abdomen, causing me to crumble to the floor. I could hear Abel's wailing cries, as Cameron dragged me to Abel's nursery. By the time he had me restrained to the chair, I was already in and out of consciousness...

××××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter. So, I've been trying to write a chapter to almost all of my books, but some of them may have more chapters than others, and some may not get an update just yet. I guess you all will just have to wait and see.
Oh, also, the next chapter or so will be in 3rd POV.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx