Chapter Twenty One

"In our family portrait, we look pretty happy. Let's play pretend, act like it comes naturally."
~ Family Portrait by Pink
************************

     Days. Days were something I hated counting. Had I known that the days were going to drag on, I probably wouldn't have counted them like I had. Truth be told, I was counting the days until my family showed up to drag me back home against my will. I was counting the days until my father pulled me away from my happy life, just to bring me back to one that I despised with everything inside of me.

        Gemma seemed to be keeping her eyes on me, mostly because she wanted to make sure I wouldn't slip up and rat on the club. I don't think she had ever been a position that I was currently in, otherwise she'd understand why I was so uncomfortable. I needed time to relax and think, but obviously that wasn't going to happen. One thing that kept me sane though was Abel. He made everything easier for me, since he took my mind off of everything that was bad.

       Jax and I spent as much time together as possible, as if he was also scared that I'd be gone in a matter of days, never to be seen again. I knew I'd be working hard to stay, but my family never really cared about what I wanted in life. Don't get me wrong, I knew they loved me, and in some way they believed that they were doing what was best for me, but they never really gave me choices of my own free will. I was almost certain that they wouldn't like anything about Jax, except for that he was as protective over me as Dad was, and as protective over Abel as any parent should be, especially in his life.

"Are you still thinking about it?" Jax asked, as he walked out of the bathroom.

      Jax had been in the shower, after our morning endeavours, so his hair was wet and dripping down his chest and he only had a towel wrapped around his waist. I sighed, looking up at him with a frown.

"I can't exactly say no, can I?" I replied, making him sigh.

      He sat down next to me on the bed, a frown etched on his lips.

"Judging by how long it's been since you've talked to Stahl, I dont know if you should really be worried about it anymore. I mean, if they found out, wouldn't they be down here by now?" He asked, making me bite my lip.

"You're right, she probably never told them, or if she did, they didn't care enough to come find me." I replied, making him smile lightly.

"Babe, I doubt it's that they dont care. They're probably still going crazy trying to find you." Jax commented, making me shrug.

        Before we could talk anymore, Abel began to cry from the nursery. I smiled at Jax, before walking out of the room and went to the nursery. I picked Abel up and brought him to the changing table to change his diaper. Once he had his diaper changed, I put him into a new onesie. After getting him dressed, I picked him back up and carried him into the kitchen with me. I fixed him a bottle and began to feed him, as I got things ready to make breakfast.

"Ill take him while you cook." Jax commented, as he came into the kitchen.

"After I got him all ready, right?" I retorted jokingly, causing him to smirk.

"You know it." He replied, kissing my cheek as he took Abel from my arms.

       While he sat at the table and fed Abel, I prepared coffee. I handed him a cup of coffee, before going back to cooking country fried steak and biscuits for breakfast. I loved country fried steak, especially with gravy on it, so I also made some sausage gravy to go over our food. By the time I was done, Jax was finished feeding and burping Abel.

"You can sit him in his bouncy seat while we eat." I said, as I picked up the bouncy seat and put it on the table near us.

     He set Abel in the bouncy seat, as I prepared our breakfast on plates. I set his plate down in front of him, before getting my own plate and sitting down at the table with Jax and Abel. I began to eat my breakfast, as Abel babbled on and kicked his feet. He would let out a laugh every so often, or would squeal and kick his feet harder. He caused us to laugh more than once with his antics.

"You'd think I gave him coffee with how wired he is this morning." Jax commented, causing me to laugh.

"I wouldn't put it past you." I replied, making him smirk.

"Just wanted to make you work today, darlin'. You seemed a bit bored." He joked, and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Well, thank you, Jax. I get a caffeinated baby and you get to work in a garage all day." I retorted, and he scoffed.

"I have to deal with my mother." He said, and I bit my lip.

"Alright, so maybe you have it worse than me." I replied, and he nodded with a small laugh.

       Once we were done eating, I stood from the table and brought our plates to the sink. In the minute I was away from the table, Abel began to fuss. Jax tried to calm him down, but Abel still fussed.

"I think he's mad that you walked away from him. No pretty ladies are allowed to leave his sight." Jax commented, and I laughed while rolling my eyes.

"Whatever you say, Jax." I replied, as I picked up Abel from his bouncy seat, causing him to stop fussing almost instantly.

      As I smiled down at Abel, a knock on the door startled us. Jax and I looked at each other confused, before he stood to his feet as well. I walked over to the door, still holding Abel. I made sure to be cautious though, not knowing who could possibly be at the door. Jax stood behind us, ready to defend us if needed. When I opened the door though, my jaw clenched and my eyes widened.

"Dad."

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter. Yes, I did leave it on a cliffhanger. What do you guys think?! I would've updated sooner, but this year just seems to keeping getting worse and worse for my family and I right now.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx