Prologue

"So raise your glass if you are wrong, in all the right ways."
-Raise Your Glass by Pink

********************************

      Have you ever felt like your life wasn't really what you thought it should be? Have you ever wanted something you couldn't have? Have you ever thought you were not good enough for other people? Have you ever thought you were not who people thought you were? Have you ever just wished you could be yourself and finally be happy with how you live your own life? Have you ever wished you could be yourself in front of everyone? Have you ever just wished you could run away and start fresh?

     Well, I can say that I have answered every one of these questions with a yes. I have always wished things were different for me. I was quite the rebel and I was very good at not getting caught. I've easily hid everything from my parents and family. All during high school it was hard for me because my twin brother, Dakota, was in most of my classes and hung out with me a lot. He wasn't really a snitch but he had told on me a few times, which was exactly why I kept everything to myself.

     Everyone in the family wanted me to be a bounty hunter like them. Since I had liked the idea of being my own person, I chose against actually becoming a bounty hunter once I had graduated high school. Kota had left us soon after graduation to be with some girl, since he was mad at Dad and didn't want to go to college. I ended up going to college though, since I wanted some type of education outside of what I had grown up to know.

     Ever since I was fifteen, I had been working with my family in some way for their bounty hunting business. When I turned seventeen, I had to begin training, which included exercising, learning self defense, and even being taized and maced. I was surprised that I had to go through such excruciating tasks. Once I turned eighteen and graduated, I went straight to college. I didn't want to stay home and never get to make much of myself. I hated the idea of being a bounty hunter. I wanted to be able to live my life. I wanted to be able to get tattoos and drink with my friends. I'd like to be able to party and do things that weren't always legal.

      After much consideration during the last year of college, I had finally realized that I wanted to leave Alabama. I wanted to be on my own. I wanted to live my own life. I wanted to get away from such strict dictation and make my own choices. I wanted to be able to ride without a seatbelt without being lectured. I wanted to feel an adrenalin rush, rather it was from something good or bad.

"C'mon Lakota, we've got to get to our spots to accept our diplomas and certified papers." My friend, Carmen, said, as she pulled me to our spots.

     We stood in our spots, my name not being called too soon after Carmen's. I held my diploma and certified papers in my hands, as I made my way over to my family. Dad smiled at me, as he pulled me into a hug.

"I'm so happy you've graduated. You've made us all so proud. You'll finally be a registered nurse like you wanted." Dad gushed, causing me to giggle.

"Yeah, took quite a while to finally pass but I did it." I replied, as everyone began to disperse.

"You'll be a great asset to the team. You'll be one of the most medically educated person on the team." Dad commented, causing me to sigh.

"Dad, I-" I was cut off, by Jamie, Dad's wife walking over.

"Ready to head to the house for your graduation party?" She asked, making me nod quickly.

     I quickly made my way to my car, throwing my things into the back seat, before driving off to Dad's house. I had decided not to move out until I had graduated, that way I wouldn't have to worry too much about expenses and such from anything other than school. Once I arrived home, I walked inside and sat down at the kitchen table.

      Everyone celebrated with me for a while, eating pizza and a cake that said congratulations for my graduation. I also recieved gifts from everyone, which happened to be money. Once I received all my gifts, I counted all the money and was surprised that I had over a grand in cash.

       After an hour or so, everyone left and I was left alone in the kitchen with my Dad. I stared at the money in front of me, realizing that adding the new money to the money I had been saving up since I had began college, I was a bit surprised that I had over five grand. I slowly shoved the money I had just recieved into my bra.

"What were you trying to tell me earlier before you were cut off?" Dad asked, causing me to sigh.

"Dad, I don't want to be a bounty hunter, I-" I started, before he cut me off.

"That's fine. You can get a job at the hospital or one of the doctor's offices close by. I'll even help you get the job." Dad said, making me look away from him.

"Daddy, you don't understand." I replied, causing him to look at me confused.

"Why? What do you mean?" He asked, as I sighed.

"Look, Dad, I don't want to be a bounty hunter-" I started again, before Dad cut me off once again.

"I know, you just said that-" He began to reply, before I also cut him off.

"I don't want to be here." I stated, as Dad's eyes widened and his head shot in my direction.

"What do you mean?" He asked, causing me to sigh.

"I want to move Dad. Ever since I started college, I began saving money to move. I want to live somewhere else, somewhere new." I said, as Dad shook his head.

"Absolutely not." Dad spat, making me gasp.

"Please Dad!" I cried, before he slammed his hands down on the table and glared at me.

"No! Just--go to your room!" He shouted, before I stormed off.

      There's no way he could be so uptight about me leaving. I knew he missed Dakota, but that wasn't my fault. If only he could understand just how trapped I felt right now...

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this first chapter. So, you all are in for a treat with this book. I can promise you won't be disappointed with this book if you like Sons of Anarchy and/or Dog the Bounty Hunter and his family.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx