Chapter Fifteen

"Imagine living like a king some day. A single night without a ghost in the walls."
- King For A Day by Pierce the Veil ft. Kellin Quinn
********************

     As soon as we pulled into TM, Gemma was waiting on us outside of her office. We approached her first, not acknowledging anyone else around us. We knew if we didn't go to Gemma first, we'd get an ear full for it later. She hated waiting, so we knew better than to make her wait. She had her arms crossed, but a smirk was placed on her lips. A smirk that almost mirrored the one Jax wore quite often. I could quite frankly tell where he had gotten it from.

"Well good morning you two. How was your night?" Gemma asked, almost causing me to blush.

"Ma!" Jax exclaimed, causing Gemma to raise her hands in mock surrender.

"Sorry. Sorry. I knew it was a touchy subject, you two being newly together and all that." Gemma said, making me bite my lip.

"What did you need from us, Ma?" Jax asked, his voice laced with impatience and annoyance.

"Well, since Abel's out the tank and hopefully will be home soon, we need to talk about housing arrangements." Gemma stated, causing my eyes to go wide.

"Gemma, I'm not sure we're that serious yet-" I began, before she cut me off.

"Nonsense," She began, as she waved her hand at me,"You and Jax are together, new or not. You two need to figure out what you're doing because Abel needs steady headed parents; that won't happen if you're both unsure of living arrangements and such. Now, you two have a few weeks to figure it out, but once Abel's free, I want you both to know exactly what you're doing. I want to know who's living with who, that way I know my grandson has a stable home without heavy headed parents." Gemma stated, as my brain raced a mile a minute.

     I didn't know getting with Jax would cause Gemma to be so crazy. She wanted us together so bad that I should've seen it coming. It was as if she was forcing a family that hadn't even been made permanent yet. Jax and I hadn't even been together twenty four hours yet, and already she was trying to force things on us. She was trying to make us skip steps before they were even supposed to be reached.

"Look Ma, I know, alright? But we've got to work this out ourselves. Figure everything out without outside opinions." Jax said, before she went to open her mouth and say something else,"And don't try to force anything on Lakota, I'll be listening and you're not going to be happy if you say shit to her." Jax added, before he took my hand and walked us back towards his bike.

"Jax, I don't think we're-" I began, before he cut me off.

"It'll be fine. We're going to see the kid, we're not running away from work." Jax said, as we climbed on to the bike.

"But what about Gemma?" I asked, making him shrug.

"She'll get over it. She has no choice." He seethed, before starting up the bike.

     He drove us down to St Thomas where Abel was being held. Once we arrived, he turned off the bike, we got off, and he grabbed my hand as we made our way inside. I think he was trying to show me that I didn't need to feel worried about him and Tara, that it was history. Either that, or he was trying to prove to himself that he was happy and over her completely.

     As we walked into the room where Abel was being held, a dark haired woman was writing things on her clipboard. Once she looked up, I was able to read her name tag, which said 'Dr. Tara Knowles' with a picture of her above the name. I could also tell it was Tara by the grip Jax had on my hand.

"Jackson, who's this?" Tara asked, as she looked over at me.

"She's my girlfriend. Her name's Lakota." Jax answered, a smirk placed on his face.

"Lakota? That's different. Nice to meet you. How long have you and Jax been together?" She asked, with a smile on her face, though I knew she was dying inside.

"Only a few-" I began, before Jax cut me off.

"A few months, like five or six." Jax answered, causing the atmosphere of the room to become awkward.

"I've never seen her before and you've never mentioned her to me." Tara commented, as I looked down at the little boy in the bed.

"That's because it really wasn't none of your business, but she's been busy working. She's a nurse at TM, quite a great one I have to say. She knows how to do everything but open heart surgery." Jax stated, causing me to smile.

"Really? Um, wow." She stuttered, before clearing her throat,"I'm guessing you're here about Abel. He's finally able to breath on his own and everything. Give it maybe two weeks, if that, and he should be on his way home." She stated, making a smile grow on Jax's face.

"You hear that little man, you'll be able to bust out of here in no time." Jax cooed, as he placed his hand on the boy's belly.

"Tell me something," Tara commented, causing Jax to look up at her,"Are you even ready for a kid? Do you even have everything you're going to need? Who's going to watch him when you're away?" Tara asked, bombarding Jax with questions.

"Yes, we're ready to raise Abel. We have everything we need, and even if we didn't, Gemma has anything we might need. As for caring for Abel when I'm not around, Lakota will care for him or Gemma." Jax stated, causing her to purse her lips.

"He needs a mom, Jax." She commented, making me scowl at her.

"He has one." He retorted, causing her to scoff.

"Yeah, who?" She asked, not believing his words before.

"Lakota."

××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. Sorry for leaving it on a cliff hanger, but I don't want to make the chapter too long because I have way more material to add to it.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

-Youngblood Xxx